• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Do you already have an idea how the updates on Rendo are supposed to work? After all, they don’t know which products I bought at HW and whether I have a right to an update.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I can tell you what I've been told, but it all really depends how well the customer purchase data ports over to Renderosity. My understanding is that just like HW, you'll be able to go to your account, find the purchase (that's been ported over) and redownload the product which has been updated. Where they are in the progress is hard to tell, my Renderosity store settings look no different than when they ported over the placeholders almost 3 weeks ago. They still need to put in the product data and zips. Once those are in, I'll be able to edit/clean-up the products and start making them live. I would hope they are close to that stage but those details have been scant.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
After a couple days of redoing a truly grueling texture map, my redo of European Edition v2's Wryneck is done. The wryneck (Jynx torquilla) gets its name from its ability to make snake-like movements with its head (which I'm also finally able to do with the revised model) and hissing sounds it makes when upset. This odd behavior led to their use in witchcraft, hence to put a "jinx" on someone.

wryneckcomparsion.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Do you already have an idea how the updates on Rendo are supposed to work? After all, they don’t know which products I bought at HW and whether I have a right to an update.
I will be posting a thread as soon as Renderosity lets me know that they are ready to port over customer account information, so they WILL know what you own. I'll be giving exact information on how to proceed, so keep your eye on the Meadow for that.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I shared this on FB, but thought I'd share it here too... Saturday morning, Elsa (our Lesser Citron Cockatoo) started screaming. We rushed out to the kitchen (where her "house" is) and saw her crest raised, glaring out the window. We expected to see a coyote or bobcat, or even a peacock (which often frequent the front yard in the mornings) but were surprised to see this...

BarnOwl2.JPG

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Poor Elsa (or maybe her poor humans listening to the screaming) ;). Sweet little owl - not something you see very often!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So..... CWRW mentioned she has plans for more Winged Horse textures and I made the comment I kinda wished you and her would team up to do wings for the House Cat (with possible morphs for the dog and Big cat since they share the same textures) and she said it would be up to you but she'd be game :)

(I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would want something like that as I see heaps of pix with kitty angels)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks, Rae... I'll keep your request in mind, but won't make any promises.

For those awaiting my return to the marketplace, there's good and bad news. On the good side, Renderosity has finally given me the go ahead to start cleaning up all the transferred products in my store. The bad news is that every one of my products needs resized art and reworked text, and with the size of my catalog, that's a full months' worth of work. Hopefully, each day, you'll see a few products reappear. More bad news is that because of all this store work, all my other projects get shelved for a bit, which is unfortunate because I've made quite a bit of progress on a new batch of updates and a new SBRM set and would like to keep that momentum going.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Ken Gilliland Aw dang sorry to hear you are going to have so much extra work dropped on you. If I had more of your stuff I'd offer to help with the promos but alas I only have a couple of the birds

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't envy you the additional work Ken, but hopefully in the long run it will be worth it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Rae... I'll keep your request in mind, but won't make any promises.

For those awaiting my return to the marketplace, there's good and bad news. On the good side, Renderosity has finally given me the go ahead to start cleaning up all the transferred products in my store. The bad news is that every one of my products needs resized art and reworked text, and with the size of my catalog, that's a full months' worth of work. Hopefully, each day, you'll see a few products reappear. More bad news is that because of all this store work, all my other projects get shelved for a bit, which is unfortunate because I've made quite a bit of progress on a new batch of updates and a new SBRM set and would like to keep that momentum going.
I know you're busy with other stuff, just putting it out there :D

Just curious, why do you have to resize your art? If they fit HW store you should be good to go except for main thumb (that's a specific size that was different to HW one) and maybe the Main image, but the rest should be ok unless you wanted to square up the lightbox thumbs but you don't need to because they will just crop the lightbox images to fit automatically (might be needed if the crop doesn't look correct)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@Rae-- yes, the crops on the main thumbnail and promo thumbnails are awful, so I've been redoing those.... but that not the hard part-- it's the readmes. Through my whole software career (dating back to my TI-99 days), I've always done manuals. With my SBRM products, it's that "Manual & Field Guide" PDF that comes with every set... but that's not what Rendo wants to place on their product pages, so I have to cobble together one for each product.