• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
thanks, Kerya. I saw that forum, but with just that one post, it doesn't seem to be a well-visited one... maybe me positing there will help change that

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
As for the Rero Forums:

MarketPlace Showcase

MarketPlace Showcase
This is the place for all commercial related product postings by active Renderosity Vendors only.

Not much there, to tell the truth ...
I have my forums list set to just those forums I want to view, and that isn't one of them.

I assume by your comment that the postings are by vendors only, but can the general public at least view them? I didn't have an issue with the link you added here, so I'm assuming anyone can view the threads. If so, I'm going to have to add that forum to the list I view on a regular basis.

Oh wait, a non-vendor posted a response in the thread that's there, so maybe we can comment on products vendors are developing, which would be nice.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
...and I refer to "Renderosity" usually as "Rendo"

On the Woodpeckers set, I've to decided to remove on the woodpeckers, the "Great Spotted" for the set and replaced in with the Red-naped Sapsucker. The reason is that the "Great Spotted" is the only non-North American Woodpecker in the set and it will make more sense to move it to my upcoming "Woodpeckers of Eurasia" set. There will probably eventually be South American, African and SE Asian sets too.

A South America set is almost certain after I saw an image of the blond-crested woodpecker.

Last edited:

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
After that charming space smuggler, Rendo Calrissian?
(Sorry, don't mean to derail the thread, just couldn't resist a bad joke!)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
After that charming space smuggler, Rendo Calrissian?
(Sorry, don't mean to derail the thread, just couldn't resist a bad joke!)
Hmmm, Lando . . . Rendo . . . OK, I guess it's close enough. :cool:

Kerya

Brilliant
Ooooops - sorry, I am used to Rero for Renderosity. And yes, that forum can be seen by nonvendors like me. But like I said, it's not used much. I only found it by looking for a place where vendors can show their products. I don't like the Renderosity (Yes, I can use the full name ;) ) forums ...
I like it much better here.

Kerya

Brilliant
Stupid question of the day:
With the updates the birds got sorted into new folders. How do I find out in which package one of the birds came? So I can credit the correct one?

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Stupid question of the day:
With the updates the birds got sorted into new folders. How do I find out in which package one of the birds came? So I can credit the correct one?
Not a dumb question-- that's something I hadn't thought of... It's funny, my frustration over the years as trying to find a specific bird and not being able to remember what set it was in-- thus the new library system that sorts my birds by species and type rather than what set they were packaged in.

Perhaps I'll make an online spreadsheet that does a bunch of stuff-- a lot more than my Passerine Bird Finder (found in the Perching birds section of the library). I think it would be useful to have an expanded version of that, that covers all birds and columns to tell you a couple things; the set it's in, perhaps the continent/region and maybe even its RED status (Rarity-Endangerment-Diversity).

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looks good! A note as to the meanings of the abbreviations in the R-E-D column would be nice.

Dana
I'll probably put the R-E-D legend on top but what it means is:
LC-Least Concern​
V-Vulnerable​
NT-Near Threatened​
TH-Threatened​
EN-Endangered​
CR-Critically Endangered​
EX-W - Extinct in the wild​
EX-Extinct​
and what LC->NT means is... Least Concern to Near Threatened; meaning that it is endangered in portions of its range​

Kerya

Brilliant
Thank you so much. Sorry to add to your workload.
But I think it will be worth it, because in the Renderosity galleries when you add a picture you can add a direct link to the product you are crediting.