• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually there were dinosaurs that could fly. One of them was the Pterosaur.

Wikipedia has an image of a Pterosaur skeleton, and it has wings.

dkgoose

i’m glad you are not retiring anything i made a final purchase of some of your products late last night but sadly couldn’t get everything, and there still quite a few more i need to purchase, need to download all of my products from here as well and make like 10 backups of each

Harimau

Eager
hey Miss B, I'd like a emu too! (And a Cassowary because they look like dinosaurs to me :D and if Ken also did a Rhea he would have completed the Ratites because he's already done the Ostrich and Kiwi)
They actually ARE dinosaurs. Birds are now classified AS dinosaurs, the so called Avian dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are now referred to as Non-avian dinosaurs. The current view is that the dinosaurs survived the asteroid strike in the form of birds. There were many Non-avian dinosaurs that could fly. Here are three examples:

1. Rahonavis ostromi
Rahonavis ostromi.jpg

2. Microraptor gui - this one also have wings on the legs (it has two pairs of wings!)
Microraptor_gui.jpg

3. Yi qi - This one is unusual in that it has bat-like wings!
yi qi.jpg

Flight evolved at least 3 to 4 times in dinosaurs. Pterosaurs (and Pterodactyls) are NOT dinosaurs.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Where is the banner? I only see a small thumbnail in front of Ken_Gilliland. I've looked at dozens of stores and have yet to see a banner.

1610086372827.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
No, the announcement for the 20% coupon has a banner image that Ken did showing his new product in the Renderosity Store.

If you check the Daily Deals link, it's the fifth item on that page.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh and if you click the link on the Daily Deals page, it will take you to the page with the info about the coupon, which has a full banner of Ken's new product.

This particular coupon is good on more than one purchase, which isn't how they usually do it. Usually it's one time usage.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looks like they made me the "Featured Vendor" which I find a little weird since I only have two items up. Looking through my vendor portal, the majority of my store is partially ported over (everything but the actual zips), but it looks like I'll have a bunch of work to clean things up to my satisfaction (making the details look like the two sets that are alive and better thumbnails).

I really didn't have anything to do with the coupon, although they apparently used my art for it... that probably has something to do with the featured vendor thing... in any case, that's coupon looks like its good store wide (not just for my stuff).

I did submit one of the tiny banners that shows up at the top of their store pages...

SBRM_Gen_Banner.jpg

I seem to be gathering about a dozen followers at day so it looks like people at starting discover I'm at Renderosity more. I guess I put something in the Rendo forums but I'm not really sure where to start there. I'm open to suggestions on where to start there...

----

In other news.... I've finished the short-necked Zygodactyl model (aka "Woodpecker' Base) and am starting on the grueling update of Woodpeckers, whose textures haven't really been updated since 2004. I've tried to tell myself its do going to be THAT BAD, but every time I load a texture, yep, it is. Back in 2004, I had paperback field guides drawings that didn't really show markings that well and very limited resources on the internet with mostly awful photos. Today, I just have to go to the USFWS's Feather Atlas and the hundreds of good wildlife photographers that post on the internet to know what the feathers are supposed to look like. Here's an example in the changes I've done on the Downy woodpecker tail map...

downy_example.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Your images as well as your models are always awesome - no surprise at all that you're featured vendor and that they're using your art for the store.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I really didn't have anything to do with the coupon, although they apparently used my art for it... that probably has something to do with the featured vendor thing... in any case, that's coupon looks like its good store wide (not just for my stuff).
Yes, the coupon is store side. They always seem to feature someone's artwork with announcements like the coupons.