• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I'll see if I can find it. I think all of the toon characters are there, and the regular animals....and stuff like the banana slug...haha :) I'm going to pick up the caterpillar to see if I can revise my hair tutorial with a more expressive figure :)

Was the cat toon or some other type that you were looking for ?

:bee:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It was just a realistic cat.

I bought the kangaroo. When I do an animation I'll put it out as a freebie.

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. If they come up with something that frtees P11 from having to be online that will be very good.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I'm sure hoping they will change that awkward activation process, and the requirement of being connected online in order to use the software. These days it's safer to maintain an offline workstation.

Linda B

Extraordinary
I got milkshake the cow, sheepers, and the toon bundle.

Haven't been in a Poser mood lately. My foot feels like it has a migraine and looks like an eggplant with 5 stems. :cry: But I haven't killed myself on the crutches yet!

Ooh, and found out the animal slippers at Rendo have a fit for Kena! Poor Kena doesn't have much to her name so it was nice to find something for her. SlipperAnimal 3D Figure Assets WhopperNnoonWalker-

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) I'm so sorry you're having so much pain while your foot is healing. A throbbing ache like that can completely consume your thoughts until there's some relief, so I understand your not being in a creative mood. I was thinking that, if you were able to position yourself near your computer, perhaps you could occupy your mind a little with all the downloads I've been posting lately...sort of something to do, until you're able to do other things. When I had back surgery, when I was young, I remember when I woke up from the surgery, it felt like I was lying on an knife blade, and I couldn't change positions for a couple of days. I was in so much pain I was almost cross-eyed....and I asked my mother to bring my guitar, and my sketching stuff to the hospital...and I laid there, flat on my back, playing the guitar until they let me move on my own. Then I started sketching stuff for the children's ward (even though I was over 18, the only bed they had available at the time was in the children's ward...and with my short height, I fit right in....haha). When the nurse saw me playing the guitar, she commented to my mother "she has a rather strong constitution, doesn't she"....haha. Me and pain never got along....and I had to put my mind on other things to get through that experience. I was born with spina bifida occulta....which means a person is missing some stuff from the spine. I inherited back issues from my short, Dutch grandfather, actually his whole family. So as I matured, the mechanical problems in my spine started manifesting, and my back would just "go out" over the least little thing. The surgery was to fuse the lower back vertebrae together...which limited my motion, but also prevented things from being unstable.

Glad you were able to catch the Rendo sale on Poser critters. I stumbled onto it by accident. I was searching for a merchant resource for eye colors that allowed distribution for freebies (found one!) so that I could try fixing some eyes for Doc and Hein, and while I was searching, all these old CP critters kept showing up, so I followed the trail to the sale :)

Linda B

Extraordinary
Feel free to use any of my eye sets on sharecg too. I know I did Slon and Femasu, but the iris part could be used for other characters.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I think I have a lot of those CP creatures. Several years back they had a huge promotion, free! So I grabbed as many as I could, or as I wanted. They're still in my downloads folder.

Alligator
Baby Orca
Banana Slug
Barn Owl
Beaver
Black Widow Spider
Blue Jay
Bonobo
Camel Spider
Cardinal
Caribbean Flamingo
Cat Robot
Caudipteryx
Centipede
Cicada
Cockroach
Common Box Turtle
Coyote
Crab
Crocodile
Crow
Dairy Cow
Damselfly
Deer Set
Dog robot
Donkey
Dove
Dragonfly
Duckling
Earwig
Fawn
Fox
Frilled Neck Lizard
Gecko
Giant Clam
Giant Octopus
Gila Monster
Glyptodon
Great Egret
Great White Shark
Green Sea Turtle
Groundhog
Guinea Pig
Hammerhead Shark
Hen
Hippopotamus
Holstein Bull
Horned Owl
Housefly
Hyena
Indricotherium
Jellyfish
June Bug
Kitten (Baby Rabbit)
Koala
Komodo Dragon
Lab Mouse
Ladybug
Lamb
Leatherback Turtle
Lionfish
Mallard
Manatee
Mantis
Moose
Mute Swan
Otter
Palm Weevil
Patch the Toon Parrot
Pelican
Penguin Chick
Piglet
Piranha
Platypus
Poison Dart Frog
Polar Bear
Pygmy Goat
Quagga
Rattlesnake
Raven
Red Kangaroo
Ring Tailed Lemur
Robin
Rock Pigeon (actually Rock Dove)
Scarab
Scorpion
Scratch the Toon Cat
Screech Owl
Sea Lion
Seahorse
Seal Pup
Skunk
Snail
Snapping Turtle
Snow Owl
Sparrow
Spot the Toon Dog
Squeak the Mouse
Starfish
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus Skelleton
Stick Bug
Stingray
Stork and Baby
Tadpole
Talarurus
Tarantula
Thylacine
Toad
Toon Bookworm
Toon Halloween Black Cat
Toon Penguin
Toon Penguin Tuxedo
Toon Skunk
Toucan
Turkey
Walrus Calf
Weasel
Whooping Crane
Wombat
Woylie

In case anyone wants to know what may be available...if these are the ones that are in the sale mentioned.
Some are pretty good. Some are fair to midland, as they say.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Glad to see Rendo has the White Rabbit, which I used for my floppy-ear biker bunny animation :)

See you folks later :)

biker-bunny.gif

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the rose that actually looks like a rose....and an iris too...just had to see these in a simple render before turning in for the night.
These are .obj files, so the textures have to be applied manually in the material room. For each flower, they appear texture-less when loaded into Poser (I'd suggest 10 or 15% scale or it will load really large)....and for each, all the colors are on one texture map. Just wanted to clarify that, if anyone is interested in these.

Time for rest now :sleep:

WHITE AND PINK ROSE.jpg

IRIS PURPLE.jpg

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Could it be that this is how offensive criticism, or obnoxious behavior, comes across to others who just want to have a good time, and have a safe place to learn and share their renders with their friends, and even be free to laugh at, and even share and learn from, their own mistakes...could it be that criticizing or attempting to embarrass others is just an offensive, repelling odor? I'm thankful that we will always try to make this a safe place to learn and share...and that it will remain a critique-free zone....so we can all have fun together.

Have a good morning everyone :)

:shineon:

Last edited: