• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Good morning! Love all the new links and the top of my browser must have dozens of links waiting for me to explore and download all the new goodies...and I just cleaned out my Unzip folder this morning! LOL Thank you!

Linda, so sorry to hear about your foot...praying you heal quickly.

Sky, love how Abbey Road is coming along...looking good.

I learned to type on an old Royal and still occasionally take those online tests to see if I'm still as quick as I used to be...not so much, but it is good to practice.

Hope everyone is staying cool during these hot, humid days.

Summer porches from 2013...I seem to have done a lot of them. LOL

backporchswing.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Dani :) This has made my morning, to see all these beautiful renders posted....they are all so beautiful! Know what you mean about catching up with all the zips....I just caught all of mine up this morning, and have more to add now....haha.

I think the Abbey Road project will be one that I keep returning to until it's finally completed, but all those lines in the street are a bit much for my eyesight...haha. I'll get it done eventually. I think I'll be soon testing some things for Janet....which is always fun....a chance to do some animations :) That's one reason that I wanted to take my time with the Abbey Road project...originally I had in mind to use the scene file for animation projects...for use with not only Beatles characters, but also animals, and Nursoda folks :) We'll see . . .

It sure does my heart good to see you online this morning...I was hoping that you were doing okay....and thank you so much for all the nice renders. Keep them coming, we enjoy seeing them....and you :)

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I happened to be eating my breakfast when I came online, and saw all the pretty flowers and sunlit porches. Nice to see, especially since we're in the middle of a severe heat wave...heat index will be to the tune of 105 to 107 from today through to the weekend. I know where I'll be...right at home in the AC. The humidity dropped briefly Monday morning, long enough for me to make a run to the post office and back. Hopefully things will settle back down to normal by middle of next week.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
In case anyone has not yet seen the article from Rendo about what's in the future for Poser, go here to read. Sounds very promising. It addressed the questions I had in my mind about how and when the software registration and download management would transition to Rendo, and it sounds like we'll continue to receive small updates to Poser 11 until a version upgrade to 12 at a later time. I was concerned that Poser 11 would be sort of left in the state that it is now...where some things are not fully working quite right....so I'm happy about the news that Rendo has announced...yay!

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
I just discovered that all of the old Smith-Micro Poser critters and models that used to be on Content Paradise are now on Renderosity....scroll down to about half way the page, below the Poser software, and you'll see them...there are eight pages of them :) Maybe this means that some things that have been missing in action will be available again. Right now they are all 40% off. They are, of course, older models, but if someone has texturing skills, they could have a fresh appearance :)

:coding:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
AniMate
I just discovered that all of the old Smith-Micro Poser critters and models that used to be on Content Paradise are now on Renderosity....scroll down to about half way the page, below the Poser software, and you'll see them...there are eight pages of them :) Maybe this means that some things that have been missing in action will be available again. Right now they are all 40% off. They are, of course, older models, but if someone has texturing skills, they could have a fresh appearance :)

:coding:

Oh cool there's a kangaroo there! I've always wanted to try animating one. Supposed to be a ricochet thing going on when they hit the ground and bounce back up.

Poser 5 came with a really cool cat but I don't see it there.