• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
That is Vila with texture by francemi (I think that's who did it). The critter is 3D Universe's Monster in My Closet from Daz.

Last render of the evening. Allergy med kicked in so back to sleep.

Render 1.png

skylab

Esteemed
Ah...the meds will keep you napping...that's part of the reason that I tend to nod off now...side effects of meds intended to dial me down...I'm glad my doctor waited until after I retired to put me on it. My attention span is something like four or five hours now.

Haven't seen Loik in awhile....nice :)

Well, the rough drafts of the Doc Abbey Beatles are done...I'll work on clothing, textures, hair and pose tweaks tomorrow.

DanaTA

Distinguished
:bee:
Gets to be dreary when it goes on for days, or weeks...and can make keeping the grass cut a challenge...but I can deal with it better in the summer than the winter...my joints don't get along well with dampness in the winter months.

Is that Vila? ....and I don't recognize the little critter dragon...cute :)

Did you know that it's not actually the dampness that does that? It's the change in atmospheric pressure. When a storm comes in, there's a Low Pressure condition. With lower pressure, your bones and joints expand a tiny bit, and that tiny bit is enough to cause discomfort or outright pain, depending on the damage that exists. When I found this out, I went, "Of course! That makes total sense!" I mean, we humans are mostly water...why should a little atmospheric dampness bother us?

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Ah...the meds will keep you napping...that's part of the reason that I tend to nod off now...side effects of meds intended to dial me down...I'm glad my doctor waited until after I retired to put me on it. My attention span is something like four or five hours now.

Haven't seen Loik in awhile....nice :)

Well, the rough drafts of the Doc Abbey Beatles are done...I'll work on clothing, textures, hair and pose tweaks tomorrow.

View attachment 48215

Remember, only Paul was barefoot! John had white boots. You probably know this, though.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
I didn't realize that was the actual reason....but it does explain why I get joint aches well ahead of rain or snow in the winter....it's more accurate than the weatherman on TV....haha. And I can tell within a few hours of when damp weather is leaving the area....it's almost weird...haha. Now I'll know...it's just my bones expanding....holy cow....haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I was going to deal with the textures tomorrow, and I don't think that Doc has any sneakers...I was going to check through his wardrobe first before I changed materials to white on another type of shoe. Looks like John was wearing white sneakers with a white suit, with a lace shirt. And George had on a denim shirt and jeans, and Paul a dark blue suit, with no shoes. To some degree it will be up to individual users how they want to arrange and dress the four, but I will try to get it as close to the original as possible with Doc clothing that is available.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Couldn't really see John's shirt on the album cover. But you're right, sneakers. Do you know the story behind this image? It's supposed to be one of those "hints" about Paul. Starting right to left, the preacher, the funeral director, the client, and the gravedigger. Story is that they buried people without shoes or socks. Don't know if that was just in England or here, too.

Dana

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I've never seen that picture before.

There are conspiracy theories that say Paul is really dead. Even today.

skylab

Esteemed
It sounds typical of the publicity stunts by groups in the '70's and '80's....these days we'd call the information "going viral" on social media. Back then it was back masking, and hidden messages in photos that sold more records...like the Sgt Pepper album cover, or some of the content in the White Album. By the time the Abbey Road album was released, I think they all knew that their working relationships were failing, so perhaps that's why for the recurring funeral message in the cover art. Ironically, the two that resented Paul the most were actually the first two to go.

skylab

Esteemed
Paul gives the most sensible response, in the brief interview below, to the question of why the group broke up, without any detectable baggage of bitterness...that simply they had grown out of that lifestyle, and had families, and other responsibilities. And, I think heavy drug use by the others tended to cloud their judgement at times, though they probably would never admit to it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
If I remember right Abbey Road was the last album they made but they release it before Let It Be for some reason.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Like I said, hard to squash a conspiracy theory. It's kind of cool, but the music doesn't often match the mood of what's going on in the film. The breaks do match up with some of the transitions, though. Honestly, someone had a whole lot of time on his hands!

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Slow to fall asleep tonight, so John took a trip through the Poser hair room. Normally I would have thickened the hair more with layers, but I didn't want to keep on until the whole thing changed colors on me, so I settled for the scraggly, Nursoda style hair (he'd make a good rabbi, with prayer curls...haha). Mostly I'm doing this as an example of what you can do in the hair room. If I export it as an .obj, it won't move with the face when you change expressions, so it wouldn't do much good for me to distribute that. Anyway, here's an example of what can be done with John.