• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I think I'm going to switch to Poser Pro 2014 to run this sim....I finally tweaked the robe, got the settings just right so that it laid nicely over the feet, and be gosh if it wouldn't save, nor render out...if you try either one, the robe returns to zero position, even at frame 3o. This is crazy...I guess it will only take default settings like I was pretty much doing before. I may have to try this again later, switching Poser versions to see if it makes a difference. I ran the sim several times...the last time I grabbed this screen capture before the inevitable.

robe - sim settings.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, that looks good Sky. Now by "not save", you don't mean the scene do you? If I'm reading you correctly, you mean you couldn't save the simmed robe as a parented prop. If I'm getting this wrong let me know.

Also by "print out" do you mean render? Not sure why it wouldn't do that. Looks like you were using PP11, and I haven't done any sims in that version yet, so don't know why it would be different as far as saving and rendering than in my Poser 9.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I was rattling on, and typed "print" instead of render...showing my age there...haha. If I hit the render button, the screen would go blank momentarily and when it would come back, everything was back to zero at frame 30, not looking like the pic I posted. If I saved it before attempting to render, and re-opened the file, same thing, the sim was gone, even though all the settings were still intact in the cloth room. It's acting weird. I think I'm going to switch to Poser Pro 2014 because I was also experiencing so many crashes on the last project. And I guess I won't be able to work on it any more tonight, because I'm weary of PP11 messing up so much....this reminds me of how DS was years ago, it failed more than it succeeded...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
The biggest adjustment in the settings was treating the robe as a thicker cloth, so I raised the cloth density and fold resistance. I also increased the collision offset, which you can't see that setting.

Terre

Renowned
Yeah, none of us are young whippersnappers. :rofl:
I just roll my eyes at work when someone twenty-five to thirty years younger than me says they feel old. A quarter century or less is not old. Just wait till they pass the half century mark!

skylab

Esteemed
Haha...yeah, I didn't know what tired was until I passed 45 and approached 50...it's been a long downhill slide ever since...haha.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I just roll my eyes at work when someone twenty-five to thirty years younger than me says they feel old. A quarter century or less is not old. Just wait till they pass the half century mark!
Oh I'm way past that as well. ;) I look at these 20-somethings and realize I'm old enough to be their grandmother. YIKES, that makes me feel really old. ~cringe~

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, I was rattling on, and typed "print" instead of render...showing my age there...haha. If I hit the render button, the screen would go blank momentarily and when it would come back, everything was back to zero at frame 30, not looking like the pic I posted. If I saved it before attempting to render, and re-opened the file, same thing, the sim was gone, even though all the settings were still intact in the cloth room. It's acting weird. I think I'm going to switch to Poser Pro 2014 because I was also experiencing so many crashes on the last project. And I guess I won't be able to work on it any more tonight, because I'm weary of PP11 messing up so much....this reminds me of how DS was years ago, it failed more than it succeeded...haha.
OK, that definitely sounds weird. I've never had a problem saving or rendering after a sim.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, Miss B, that will indeed make one feel old as dirt. I feel it too when I see musicians or actors that were popular when we were young, and they're aging and falling apart...and I think gee whiz...haha. It's funny, inside, the part that's "me" still feels about 30 or so...but the shell me has to live in...well, that's a different story.

skylab

Esteemed
...and yeah, this is the first time I've had that type of problem running a sim too, with my limited experience...but considering how PP11 was acting during the last project...it could be as simple as a Windows update, or I'm using features that I previously didn't use, and am discovering bugs...who knows. I'll just back off of it tonight, and try again tomorrow. I'm a little disappointed of course, since it was coming along so nicely, and the only thing yet to do was the cloth sim. I could go with a conforming robe, but the appearance would be a let down after that nice sim.

skylab

Esteemed
Freebies are disappearing so fast now that when I find them now, I go ahead and post the link...haha. Searching for a freebie cave on Rendo, there were several inactive links.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I think I'll turn in early tonight, try again on the rest...everyone have a good evening and I'll see you tomorrow :)