• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Moved the saved scene file to a workstation that I keep offline, ran the sim again with same settings, and it rendered and saved fine. Checked my main workstation and it appeared there had been a Windows update on the 23rd, though I had selected the option of choosing whether to download, so I restored it back to early in the week, when dynamic sims were running just fine. Will test it later today to see if it corrected the problem. Just thought I'd mention, it apparently was not a Poser issue...here's the final scene rendered out, and the pose sets are on ShareCG.

See you all later today :)

THE GOOD SHEPHERD 466x600.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Congrats to Seliah, as her DS version of Nataani finally has been released in the store...yay!! :snoopydance:

And now that my project has been salvaged and released...I'm going to crawl in the sack...later :sleep:

Last edited:

Terre

Renowned
I don't but if you ask around enough here I'll bet someone will. There are a lot of people using quite a few different programs.

I suggest you also start a thread in the Meadow asking about it.

Terre

Renowned
With a growing list of people wanting Sass back in the loop perhaps it'll happen. Another friend asked her last year and got what amounted to a "maybe".

skylab

Esteemed
So Pendas, I know from our emails that you have an interest in modeling...any software of preference? Miss B knows a lot about Blender, and there's a Blender section of Hivewire at this link. Looks like you might have an interest in animation, from the question about Filmmaker. I've done a little animation, mostly loops in Poser, like Fluffy (below). So tell us what you're interested in learning :)

FLUFFY WALK.gif

TINY-KITTY-RECLINING-v2-18f-550x302.gif

pendas

Inspired
So many programs to choose from....

Let's go with blender. I tried doing it myself, and all I did was crash it.

LoL

skylab

Esteemed
On the continuing story of how aggravating can Poser Pro 11 get...I posted earlier about restoring Windows to earlier in the week, to try to solve the poor sim performance. This morning PP11 wouldn't open at all. I re-installed it. Nothing. I used a registry cleaner to flush out any lingering issues. Tried re-installing again. Still nothing. Double clicking on the program icon results in....nothing. This is the last time I'm upgrading Poser. I have loved using the program through the years, but my nerves can't take this hide-and-seek stuff. I can still use it at my bedside offline workstation, but it no longer functions on my main workstation in the kitchen. I will miss the better lighting options...the lighting far exceeded even PP2014. Oh well, guess I'm getting squeezed toward DS4.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm so sorry it's giving you such a hard time, Sky. And that program is TOO expensive for there to be any excuses for that kind of behavior out of it! Ugh...

skylab

Esteemed
Yep, I'm pretty sick about it...I do most of my 3D work while I'm cooking and cleaning up the kitchen...it's how I make use of long render and sim times. Oh well...

By the way Seliah, I plan to load Nataani and Dusk into DS and give it a trial run this evening. I wanted to get Pendas introduced this morning to everyone in our thread...she's a friend I met through ShareCG email :)

skylab

Esteemed
Wanted to post these settings for Miss B, the tweaks that finally made the free robe for M4 work best (image example top of this page). I'll create an addendum to the PDF tutorial and re-upload it this weekend.

SIM BOX 1.jpg

SIM BOX 2.jpg

SIM BOX 3.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for posting the settings that worked for you. It never ceases to amaze me how different items use such different settings for simulation. You'd think they would be pretty much the same, with the exception of a long robe like that, and a short (knee-length) dress.

Anyway, rest easy Sky. See you later.

The poser activation files become corrupted when you do a system restore. This happens on both Poser 11 and Poser Game Dev. I don't know why they don't have some kind of notification as to what the problem is and I have emailed them back and forth about it over the last couple of months. The activation files are in C:\ProgramData\Poser\11 by default. Just delete the folder and restart Poser 11. It will prompt you for activation data.

According to the Smith Micro help guy you are "supposed" to deactivate Poser 11 before doing a system restore. Though how you are supposed to know this I don't know.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh thank you so much Dragonsegg...I really wanted to break down and cry over losing my workstation access to Poser 11, since I had plans for big projects this year...thank you, thank you. And like you said, how in the world are people to know that instinctively...I'm beginning to regret Poser's incorporating the Game Dev plug-in. I had hoped it would open the door to improved animation features, but all did for the majority of us is open the door to activation headaches and a new batch of bugs to fight. I had just sat down on the bed to take my nap, and was sort of mourning my PP11 loss...I'm so glad I checked this thread one more time. Tonight I'll apply the fix and hopefully be back in business...bless you!! :)