• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh hi eclark...you made it to the chat thread. Welcome, and all input is welcome. You know, I've been hearing about this autosave feature...is this something that I have to choose to turn on, or is it built in to automatically save, once it is a named scene....because I've been doing that, in fact, I save it before it could really be called a scene, at the very beginning, but that feature never seems to kick in. What do I need to be doing differently??

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't recall what version of Poser you're using Sky, but my P9 has it in the Scripts Menu.

skylab

Esteemed
Most of the time I'm using Poser Pro 11, unless I'm importing OBJ files or using old figures...the three versions I'm using all the time now are Poser Pro 11, Poser Pro 2014, and Poser Pro 2010. I'll take a look at the scripts menu, because I sure need that autosave feature o_O I've tested everything, and am zipping up the poses now, about ready for upload :)

skylab

Esteemed
Found settings for Autosave option for Poser under preferences...see pic :)

AUTOSAVE.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's because your versions are all Pro versions. P9 isn't, so I can only access/set it in the Scripts Menu.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the beginnings of the next project. I'm thinking this time, after the ordeal I had with the donkey, that I'll put the lamb back in place after the sim is run on the robe. Gonna try again on a nap, my eyes flew wide awake soon as I stretched out to rest. See you all later :sleep:

GOOD SHEPHERD TEST.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everybody :) Wish I gotten to sleep too, Terre....phone kept ringing...so I gave up and will save the sleep for later...at least I rested my legs awhile.

I'm putting this link here as a reminder to myself later...a shepherd's crook on TrekkieGrrrl's old freebie site.

eclark1894

Visionary
That's because your versions are all Pro versions. P9 isn't, so I can only access/set it in the Scripts Menu.
Which is stupid to me, if you think about it. Autosave shouldn't be a "pro only" feature. I also think you should be able to pause, cancel or resume a render at anytime.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey eclark...I agree, kinda strange that it would be a totally different control for the same function...would be confusing, like it was for me...but then I thought it was just me.

I think a render can be cancelled just by clicking cancel on the pop up box....I do it often when I forget to set it for Firefly, rather than Superfly, if I have a busy scene, or just working on a draft.

skylab

Esteemed
Speaking of Superfly, I decided to try a superfly render on this draft to show how the Lamb and lambettes are coming along. This project is a lot more fun than the last...easier to manage. The lambs have a morph setting, when the body is selected, to make them "poof out" like they have a little wool. I'm thinking, when the time comes to do the sim, to take out the lambs, then zap them back in when the sim is complete, to save problems with snagging on ears, noses and feet :)

GOOD SHEPHERD TEST 3.jpg