• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So I see. ;)

I got all my Gen3 zeroes converted to DS earlier today... but have not done the thumbnailing yet. At the moment, I'm back to working on my overlays while I wait to hear back from QA again. I can't ever focus on just one project, it seems. I always have at least three or four in progress. LOL

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre and Seliah :)

Know what you mean Seliah...I don't get done with one big project before ideas start hitting me for the next...and I'm torn between finishing up, and researching for the next...haha. I like to call that creative momentum :)

Finally remembered to go back and rate your pose resets on ShareCG...most of the time I'm in such a hurry with freebies, I often forget...so I remembered to go back this time. I'm using it again today, so it jarred my memory.

skylab

Esteemed
Do any of you have much experience with dynamic clothing? I'm accustomed to doing one figure at a time, since that's how I learned from Steve Shank's video. The issue I have with dynamic clothing is when you have multiple figures in a scene...how to run a dynamic simulation on all the clothing. I noticed just now, when I was doing the settings for a single dynamic robe, that it has something at the lower right in Poser's cloth room called "dynamic groups" and "choreographed group"...would this by chance be what I'm needing to explore for multiple figure settings? This is why I stuck with conforming clothing in multi-figure scenes...not knowing how to run dynamics on several things at one time.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ugh... I'm afraid I can't help you with the dynamic thing in Poser, Sky. I have no idea how dynamics work inside of Poser yet. I've only ever done it inside of DS, which is very different...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I have no idea how it's done in Poser. I know how to do multiple figure dynamics with Studio, but Poser is just outside my knowledge for cloth sims.

skylab

Esteemed
I can probably find something on YouTube...if I have the patience to pick through the videos that are not helpful...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
This one, it looks like it's being stretched downward in a very extreme way...the figure is kneeling, so the cloth of course is going everywhere...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
While I was working on the first pose for this set, I thought of your grieving poses...it really takes work to communicate that...it's not easy, and I noticed you have a whole series of those...I think they are called despair.

skylab

Esteemed
In this case, it's grief tempered with a certain amount of dignity...even more difficult, falling short of being an all out fit.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry Sky, I do dynamics in Poser, and I've done multiple pieces on the same figure, but not multiple figures.

I don't know that it can be done all at once. IOW, when I do 2 pieces of clothing that interact with each other, I sim the clothing closest to the figure first, and then the outer garment, so not sure how you would sim even a 1-piece clothing item on multiple figures, especially if they're near each other in the scene.

Then again, you could just do one piece at a time, and yes it will take time, but I can't think how else to do it and not have clothing collisions.

skylab

Esteemed
I searched for all the best statues and paintings done on the subject of Gethsemane, and will attempt the best three that I found.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) So it is possible to run one at a time on each one, and not disrupt the first figure?

Well, my simulation just crashed, so I guess it's back to the drawing board...rats. Oh well...that's pretty normal for Poser.

skylab

Esteemed
I think I'm going to have to try a different robe...the one I chose is very nice, but it's so full, I think it got overwhelmed by the many folds.