• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everybody :) Just checking in. Had to wrap up the last pose set today and get everything posted, then catch up on phone calls and emails that had backed up because of my being busy. Then I needed some rest, and will soon be needing it again, but I wanted to at least pop in and say hello to everyone. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Forgot to mention, I noticed Blackthorn has joined us at Hivewire....yay!!

I'm going off for the night...have a good evening everyone :sleep:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Morning, Sky.

Sorry for being so quiet the last few days... been hammering away at a couple of different things here. And starting to prep our backyard area to take this year's garden. :)

skylab

Esteemed
I was deeply into finishing up the big project, so I wasn't very chatty either...haha. I can slow down now and set my own pace, like usual. Searching around for freebies...looking for a decent ground plane now...with a mixture of grass and rock. Sounds like you're doing real life ground plane...in the backyard. It's nice to get outside when the days start getting pretty :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, truth be told, I will probably be wearing sweaters and long sleeves even through most of the summer, just because of fighting with anemia. It basically leaves me cold all of the time right now - even at 70 and 80 degrees.

But I have a strawberry plant on my kitchen prep table that has been too stubborn to die off over the winter, so I've kept it watered all winter. Last year, it kept trying and trying to produce fruit, but never quite got there. It would produce a berry or two, and then we'd get the kind of rains that wash mud into the road, and the poor thing just drowned out. The berries would go moldy before they ever had a chance to ripen. Same thing happened with our tomato and peas last year, too.

This year, I'm going to try moving the strawberries into the ground. I have a very small box-shaped area at the end of our backyard "strip" that I have dug up all the blacktop and put dirt in. Last year we didn't have any luck growing anything in it, so I just let that section lie fallow for the season. Hopefully this year it will do a little better, and maybe the strawberries will be happier in the ground than in the pot. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Those are some nice items for sure. :)

I've never had enough ground to put more than peas and beans in, and those went in along the thin stretch of dirt between our retaining wall and the fence. Last year is when we ripped up the blacktop and put dirt it on the end, because I really just can't grow things like cabbage, broccoli, or cauliflower.. or squashes... in a pot. They just need a lot more space than a pot can offer! LOL

Blackberries are yummy. We used to have some that grew wild, but those brambles are really old, and last year they only produced two small berries and nothing else, so I'm not expecting them to fruit up this year. I suspect those brambles have lived out their lifespans at this point.

We do have staghorn sumac trees all around us, though - and mulberry trees (one of these is even in our backyard strip, having stubbornly pushed it's way up through blacktop to grow!). I make a drink from the staghorn berries... and the mulberries get munched on either raw or, mixed into pancakes or clover fritters.

skylab

Esteemed
The blackberries were wild that I'd find...they were plentiful and it was easy to get a bowl full in no time. We also had a very large garden. My mother was good at gardening, and keeping shrubs and flowers, so it was something I grew up with.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, I hear you. :) I spent lots of time as a kid learning what was safe to eat, use, and-or touch, and what wasn't outdoors. Clover, staghorn, milkweed, dandelion, mulberries, blackberries, and quite a few others make frequent appearances in my kitchen. Last year, and the year before, I had a pretty good sized pot full of dill... and we had some lovely little swallowtail butterfly caterpillars that decided to make it home. They really are quite pretty as caterpillars go. And they grow up into some really beautiful swallowtail butterflies, too.

I think I'm going to take today to get the next group of Zero poses converted over to DS. These would be the Generation 3 zeroes... and once that's done I'll get onto doing zeroes for the various Genesis figures. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Sounds great...I'll probably be using your M4 utilities on today's project, since I have a series of poses that are similar, but with slight differences...so it will save time :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It sure does. That's how I ended up with some of these utility sets in the first place. I had made them for myself and just never got around to putting them into the public arenas. LOL

The more I look at it though, the more I'm thinking I might need to make a separate category for the Zero sets. Otherwise this page on my website is going to end up getting entirely too clunky with all of the Zero utility poses! LOL Especially when you consider that my website is coded in frames, so the item thumbnails don't have the full screen of room to live in.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, if you end up like I did, and start a mega-pose give-away, it could get confusing. If all your utilities are on one page, it might be easier for even you to organize your stuff. Right now it's okay...but you have some idea where you're going with it. For myself, I had NO IDEA when I made the first poses that it would explode into what it is now. If I had it to do over, I would have posted the biblical stuff in a different account altogether...but, it's a little late to unscramble the eggs, and folks have gotten used to finding everything in the main account...so, at least I got the DS stuff separate.

skylab

Esteemed
Think I'll go off for awhile and catch a nap, and continue with this project later, when I have fresh eyes. Good to see you again Seliah...catch this evening maybe :)