• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
I figure her getting out of a bad situation was the important thing. She would have preferred to stay here and just move into her own place but it didn't work out that way.
As far as Goliath goes, The boss called everyone he knew should be working the next morning and told us to wait and only come in if he said to. He decided that wasn't feasible so the store was closed for that first day.

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone :) Leaving a note for Seliah...if you remember Britt from the RDNA thread, he's started a thread about his experience with DS "exploding" after he installed it and all his content. I posted for him to take a look at my exploding image, to see if he means that, or if he's experienced some other surprise. His thread is here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just read his thread, and I suspect it's the amount of content he installed "all at once". I think if he had installed just a few products, say enough to do a scene, and then tried DS to see if he likes it, then I think he wouldn't have had that problem.

I don't know of anyone that's installed all their content in one go. I suspect that's the problem.

I was wondering what he meant by exploding to be honest. I have deleted all my runtimes and uninstalled and reinstalled studio a bunch of times(I always am not satisfied with the way I sort my products), and while I don't like to use it and often can't find content I know is there it never explodes. More like just doesn't work with no explanation. I hope someone can help him.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I was concerned that he may not feel my advice was very reliable, since I'm not an experienced DS user, but I did want to show some consideration to the problem he was having. My guess was it was too much to load at one time...I have a good sized DS library, but I didn't try to load it all at one time...I did it more like Miss B described, tried just a few things at first, then added more later.

skylab

Esteemed
Just received an email from Mark a little while ago, and here's his description of the detailed work he's doing:

"I have started the model now, almost completed the first cross with those rope rings on either side of the horizontal beam. I've decided to make the vertical beam a bit longer so it can be adjusted up or down out of the ground hole, I will place parameter limits on this in the DS version. I plan to make the ropes that tie the arms to the cross as separate movables to adjust accordingly, and also movable nails. Also a wooden sign that can be hung on the cross above his head. "

He said he anticipated this being completed in a couple of days. :drawing:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was wondering what Britt meant about DS exploding. I was wondering if he meant a character he loaded exploded, which will happen if you try to load Dawn or Dusk in the wrong version. I was waiting for Poser9 to go on sale back when Dawn first came out, so I decided to try her out in DS 4.0, which DOES do weight-mapping, and I was able to dress her and pose her, though I couldn't do anything about morphs because DS 4.0 didn't recognize them. What I got when I saved the file and reopened, was a sight to see. Dawn exploded in all directions, and I laughed my head off.

Of course I knew she was made for DS 4.5 or higher, but I was just curious to see what she was like. ;)