• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Everything was smooth sailing until I imported the Pieta scene...and V4 with the RDNA peasant dress exploded...so I'm having to rebuild it in DS...not a pretty sight o_O Good thing I have all day tomorrow to work on it.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ouch! That's an ugly surprise for sure. Is the dress weight mapped? I know that weight maps for Poser don't exactly work to well in Studio and vice versa...

skylab

Esteemed
I think I'm going to have to save the progress on this so far, and continue this tomorrow. Have to get up early to run errands in the morning, so time for rest now.

Good luck Seliah on your seam work...I know disgust doesn't begin to cover how you must be feeling along about now...about the way I felt when my scene exploded. It wouldn't be so bad if it was limited to clothing...I could just re-dress the models and keep going...but it was the second V4 in the scene, that mesh exploded, the same way it did with Dusk awhile back. One of these days I'll understand what's happening. I've never seen anything like this in Poser.

skylab

Esteemed
Well now, that I don't know...it could be something simple like that...I'm using it because it has the nun veil add-on, that I can change to diffuse black to create a mourning robe. I redressed the V4's in the robe, and posed them, and so far it hasn't exploded...but I'm not going to shut my workstation down tonight...sometimes trying to save a problem scene in DS and counting on it opening up correctly is not a good idea...have made that mistake before too.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm not disgusted so much as I'm just frustrated and quickly running out of ideas at this point with these blasted maps. I'm about this close to just completely yanking the entire dirt option on this package, and I really, really don't want to do that.

Have a good sleep, Sky. Tomorrow, at some point, if you have the inkling or desire to - take a screen shot of the blown up mesh? So I can see what you're looking at?

Either way. Have a good night, Sky. Sleep well. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...after I get my DS poses saved, which is the only point of doing this...it doesn't have to even render out, but they should at least be clothed...I'll import the original scene again that caused it to freak out, so you can see...at first I thought it was just the dress....but it was V4. Now one thing I do in Poser, and it has worked so far, is if I get two characters wearing the same outfit, I'll duplicate the whole thing to save dressing the second model...so the explosion took place on the duplicate V4. The first V4 just had explosion in the dress.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Okay. There's no rush on it, though, Sky. If you have to be up early in the morning, you can always do this tomorrow after your errands. Don't sacrifice your sleep over it. :)

skylab

Esteemed
It will take me awhile to wind down...and this is early for me...I just knew I could finish all this tonight....if it had imported successfully, I'd be finished by now...oh well...time to learn something new.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the import box with error:

ERROR.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
No prompt to find files....I had a lot of those for other stuff, especially on the large scene...and I just point it to the runtime and folder where it's located...but this didn't do that.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's the DS render of the repaired scene...placements are still not right, and M4 lost his hair during the import, but the dresses loaded and conformed okay...you can't tell because it's black on black...lighting will differentiate some.

DS PIETA TEST.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, shoot. Yes, I've seen that before... I can't remember the fix for it! Argh. That is wild, though... I just can't remember what the fix was to prevent that from happening...

skylab

Esteemed
Haha...well, at least I haven't come up with a new error that nobody's ever seen before. I'll leave this with you to ponder...maybe it will come to you while you're working on your seams.

Time for me to get some rest now...I'll be back on tomorrow afternoon probably, so will catch you next time you're online....thanks for all your help Seliah :) Have a good night, and I'll see you tomorrow :) :sleep: