• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Morning Terre. It's a rare thing for me to be up, and fully conscious, before noon. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) I'm not usually a morning person either, unless I've actually gotten sleep overnight. I did rest really well Terre....it seems the med change was an improvement in this area.

I'll be facing the continuation of pose conversions in DS today...

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Seliah...sleep will do wonders for tired, crossed eyes...haha. I'm ready to tackle today's projects. I'm fixing dinner now, so surfing around until I've eaten, then it's back to DS, and hoping it doesn't eat anything else today :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, sleep can go a long way. :)

I'm actually - FINALLY - making progress on these blasted seams and maps. Figured out this morning that what I was battling was a UV issue... adjusted my brushwork accordingly and now I'm finally just to the point of making sure the MATs are okay or if I need to adjust material settings on the DS side. WHEW!! :sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
All 15 poses are now converted, and I used the Poser renders to create decent images to show up in DS (though it has the .duf extension, it's still just a garden variety .png file, created with PhotoFiltre)...nice little hack trick :) I have four or five more poses to create tonight...and hopefully everything will be bundled and ready to upload tomorrow evening. So, it's probably time for a rest...my eyes will last longer if I take a break.

Catch you all later :sleep:

Terre

Renowned
Good morning. I hope everyone slept well. :)
It looks like I'm back to not being able to get a vacation at work. The lady the boss and I both thought could be trained to handle some parts of my job for a week finally left her abusive boyfriend and went to live with her sister in Georgia.

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Terre :) Well, three cheers for the lady getting free of abuse, but sorta leaves you high and dry for the time being. I got button-holed into that type of position as well....the reputation of being dependable can have a downside, especially during transition. I realized that was probably the case for you, when you were struggling with whether to show up to work during the Goliath blizzard.