• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Haven't tried to render it yet, but it does look nice....have been messing around a little with Studio animation, since I've been out of the loop for awhile. Catoon is chillin' out :)

Catoon relax animation.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Hope all is going well for you. We're pretty much keeping sheltered inside this year, and I'm prepared for a winter of hobbies and good food. It's very quiet here...not many visitors with the residents this holiday, but then that's probably safer for us all. We're finally getting accustomed to the new normal of masks and distance. I can certainly appreciate all the memories of past holidays, when life was not so complicated and strife-filled. I'm reminded of Paul when he was confined in what could be compared to a small apartment, and his writing in Philippians 4 that he knew how to be abased and to abound, to be full and to be hungry, to have and to suffer need...and then he makes the more familiar statement of being able to do all things. Sometimes we forget what led up to his ability to be that flexible and open to receiving that kind of strength. He was in his senior years, and had been stretched, and smooshed, and pounded into soft, pliable clay. There's a certain amount of peace that comes when we yield to the Potter and resolve the conflict. Like the lady who had a raccoon loose in her house, we can finally give up the fight (and the broom!), lower our defenses and realize that we can trust Him with what is precious to us.

Merry Christmas everyone, and have a blessed, safe and healthy new year!

nativity--2020.jpg

tree-----2020.jpg

JO--CHRISTMAS--2020.jpg

skylab

Esteemed

skylab

Esteemed
I should mention that Santa generously has left me a new refurbished HP drive....this one has 32 gigs of ram, and is an i7 instead of the i5 I was using before. It's so much faster than the other I was using, it about snatches my face off when it boots...haha :) The graphics are adequate to do OpenGL 4 so Blender is working fine....so I'm playing this evening...and trying to get back in the ball game with rendering. I have Poser 11.2 partially set up, and will try putting some of that massive runtime on an external drive this time, since I was using it less last year. I'm almost done setting up DAZ Studio 4.14, and was testing the render time with the Catoon animation, and even with the fur, it did 25 frames while I cleared away the dishes today....so I'm delighted :) Now maybe I can play more with fluidos and animated flames, and other cool stuff....we'll see :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
We need something like this here to liven things up, but the circumstances prevent the contact, and one never knows if families may be grieving or at least scared for their loved ones during this time. But for myself, I'd love to hear the sound of cheerfulness here :)

skylab

Esteemed
Coffee break . . .fur rendered even before I was done with the dishes this time :) The catoon character would make a good 3D Top Cat...TC needs a hat, vest, tie and a garbage can to live in....and an orange or yellow tabby color variation.

CATOON COFFEE BREAK.jpg