• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Is there a way to get light shinging slightly through the ends of the ears....or is that not possible....was just wondering while I was working with the .obj.

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Somehow extra pics got attached to my email. the diffuse_by.png is the one you want. The rest are pics of BY.

Hmm I can play around with iray sss shaders, but I don't think so as far as my knowledge base goes. Which isn't far.

skylab

Esteemed
Okay....thanks :)

Downloading Blender 2.81 update now :) Baby Yoda Blender file was done in version 2.81.
Click the "other versions" black button to get a zip version of Blender if you don't want the installer version.

Linda B

Extraordinary
oh no, that might be my problem. I imported the fbx one. Duh.

Well, that is VERY interesting indeed. I'm off to bed so will tinker with it later. Back to work tomorrow with full week to boot. Ugh. :eek::tantrum:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh well, we crammed loads of fun into what little time you had for it :) I'll be a little tied up tomorrow and Tuesday during the day...but I'll be back at it by Tuesday evening :)

skylab

Esteemed
Well, this didn't accomplish much, except to show that the robe can be separated from the body. I didn't know how to move things about in Blender, but I did manage to move the body aside from the robe. I was hoping that just the body would export, but the robe was included too. The .obj was then imported into Poser, just to test the results.

screen-cap.jpg

yoda no robe.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I'll be offline a lot tomorrow, and all day on Tuesday....and back at my regular routine by Tuesday night. Have fun everyone....and I'll catch up with you later when time permits :)

Good night :inverted:

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Another unexpected thing from aniBlocks when working with the vase of roses....one rose jumped out and started dancing....hmmm.

DANCING ROSE.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Was attempting to troubleshoot the Studio PostgreSQL Connection Error on my kitchen workstation while having breakfast....and realized for the first time that it's actually something that's installed through the download manager....don't you just love my newbie mistakes :) Long story short...it's allowing me to sign in now....it's still acting a little confused over populating the Smart Content, but I have a feeling that will work itself out in time. At least I got to first base with the issue. My main workstation works fine, but I'd like the kitchen workstation to work as well, since I like doing pose work on that drive.

skylab

Esteemed
I let this render through in iray while sleeping....and have been pondering, if aniBlocks created for figures have this effect on objects, what else will it do (?)

DANCING ROSE iray.gif

Terre

Renowned
Do you guys remember this album? It's one of the ones I inherited from my grandmother which I grew up listening to.

Linda B

Extraordinary
I have it too! And one with a green cover. Did you happen to hear the new TSO Christmas song, Terre? It has vocals. Very nice. Can't find a video of it and I can't remember the name. Heard it on the music channel.

Terre

Renowned
If it's part of the internet feed at work then yes. Otherwise no. I have the first 6 of the Columbia albums I think. They've been sitting unplayed for 30 years and I hope they are still playable. We do have the equipment to do the transfer if we get around to setting it up.