• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Puntik has face settings to make the nose shorter.

puntik-sheep-morphed.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
The mouth will draw in also...just can't make the back of the head smaller....that's too bad...just about had it.

puntik-sheep-morphed2.jpg

puntik-sheep-morphed3.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here you go. . .free Baby Yoda in FBX and Blender files.

Baby Yoda

...rendered in Poser 11, and imported into Carrara (imported into Poser 11 from FBX, converted to .obj, then imported as .obj into Carrara)

Nap it is time for....may the snores be with you :sleep:

BABY YODA MODEL.jpg

yoda-carrara.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Just a tip....the FBX "explodes" when attempting a direct import into Studio....better to use Poser for that.

:coding:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Peeping Toms (the real ones) give me the creeps. I lived three blocks from Downtown in Reno before moving here. I had one for the last few months I was there. Ewwwww. Finally caught the guy walking out of my yard. He said he wanted work. I walked inside called the cops and they arrested him. Creepy.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Did the black lab in other pic for my Molly and this dalmatian for Sadie. I miss my girls. :cry:
BOOM_sm.jpg

The last photo of the 2 of them together. Molly died that day. Don't let the white face fool you, was only 11. She had white on her face since birth and it kept spreading. Sadie was a Dal/Shepherd mix, hence the big black areas.
11709986_10204218715699863_4393572357443078303_o.jpg
Going to go have a cry now.

Last edited:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Thanks Terre. Those were the 2 dogs I had from before when I was on the other forum.

Playing around with Baby Yoda trying to get the rigging to export somehow. It's rigged properly when I load in Carrera. Saved as a .dae but that went wonky in Studio. Didn't try it in Poser. So posed it in C and now going to import it into Studio & Poser and see which looks better.

Well the posed obj was in the standard pose so that didn't work.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah....I could tell that the rigging was preserved somewhat, but different...not like we're accustomed to seeing...messing with the FBX, I could tell the clothing was separate. I've never seen that happen before, usually things weld together on import. It's not unusual for stuff to explode in Studio, since it's different in format. A solid .obj conversion might be useable in some scenes, if he's tucked in a "hover buggy/basket". Also, you might could try him in Blender, and render him there, perhaps pose him and export as .obj for Studio. I've done lots of Blender .obj exports.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Fiddled with his skin diffuse tex, slapped a suede shader on his clothes, uber shader on everything else except eyes. Awww he's so cute! :wub:
Baby Yoda Irayed.jpg

Sky, I'll email you the altered tex.

skylab

Esteemed
Stezza might know something about this....they are currently working on his rigged figure now in his Wacky thread. I don't know if he's had any luck with exporting, with preservation of the rigging, for Studio.

skylab

Esteemed
See...now that looks good :) I didn't even mess with that part earlier...was just trying to get the model in without it exploding :) Looking good!