• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Fortunately only 1 step and it's covered under the front porch. Have to go out later and salt the walks and driveway out front. Don't want anybody falling and suing us. And don't want hubs falling again after his broken shoulder in Feb. I've got enough padding to save me. :x3: I know from experience after falling at work along with 14 other people in the exact same spot on the sidewalk. Only ended up with a severely black/blue behind. One gal fractured her elbow, so I got off easy. And I was thinner back then.

skylab

Esteemed
One of the added benefits of senior status....extra padding :) I had a friend at work who used to go air borne on steps whenever it sleeted...it's too bad some of her antics were never filmed...it was back in the '80's, before the days of everybody having cameras on cell phones. She'd lose her skirt a lot too...haha....always in public of course. One time she was at the bus stop, and she said that a stranger tapped her arm and handed her something...she said it looked like her skirt....and she looked down...and sure enough, it was....haha (wrap-arounds were popular back then in the summer). I used to call her Lucy, she was so accident prone and had a crazy sense of humor. She stuck to me from the very first day on the job...for over 35 years. It seemed strange since I'm so serious all the time :rolleyes: ....you just know I'd NEVER participate in practical jokes or any mess.....hahaha....

:angel:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Replied. And gave us another idea too. Plus, just had another. You could replicate that pic in 3d easily with balloon props.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh wow...sure could....and it would be a great tribute to a real funny lady....I'll think about that....haha.

Sent reply with YouTube reference...cute character....we could do that, no problem. The Genesis head morphs include elf ears...at least the G3M version did, since I had it in mind to do Spock. They need to bend downward, like Puntik ears :)

I'll see what I can do with it.....

:drawing:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I used an old curtain prop in my scene with a cotton shader. I'm impressed how it looks for such an old prop. Iray brings all this old stuff back to life.
Peeping Toms.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here's how big the ears can get on G3M with the help of Morpheus....so when they get the bug worked out for you, here's how far Multi-Man morphs can take the ears:

g3m-ears.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
wow that's large. Somewhere between G8 ears and puntiks. Mostly stick straight out to the side or slightly downward. I tried with K4 but couldn't get ears right.

Feeling nappish, back on later.