• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Finally, the last two things are downloading now....whew. Now I'll be able to play tomorrow without messing with downloads :)

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Two of the Collective houses will have interiors, and the rest are arranged in a block, exterior views only, plus some build it yourself stuff....so we'll be in the same 'hood with our scenes. I think Poserworld has big blue mailboxes for the street corners....where the turkeys can do their "truck-jackings"....haha.

:laugh:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Fuzzy as I could get with a fur shader. Used Ptropes because it had 3 layers, so there's 3 different furs.
TribbleFuzzy.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey, that's better than no fuzz at all :) I thought I remembered seeing fur shaders.

I'm starting to nod a little now, so I'd better get horizontal, before I do a Laverne flip into the floor....haha. Hope you're able to solve the Multi-Man puzzle soon Linda...and hope you'll get some help.

Catch up with you tomorrow....good night :D

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Look at all those tribbles! Hahahahaha. That's just like Capt Kirk looked! Good one Stezza!

I just popped over to your thread and saw the great Santa sleigh that you made....I'll see if it converts to .obj so we can use it in Studio....thanks!

:inverted:

skylab

Esteemed
Sure enough...caught in the act...a Tom....using the latest in high tech Peeping "Buddy Bot" Surveillance!
So it's true....there are Peeping Tom's . . .

PEEPING TOM SURVEILLANCE.jpg

PEEPING TOM SURVEILLANCE 2.jpg

PEEPING TOM SURVEILLANCE ver2.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda....I couldn't figure out how to light the neighborhood scene enough to build it....the iray lights and mats leave it completely black....so I just switched to another house for now, until I can figure out how to light the preview screen.

:shineon:

Linda B

Extraordinary
When I loaded the scene, everything was black. I switched to the Iray preview and then could see. Texture shaded preview only shows black for some reason. I would suggest for setting up a scene, to add some regular distant lights so we can see what we're doing. The houses still show dark but at least they're visible. Or work in the iray view, but I find that a tad annoying because it re-renders everytime you change 1 thing.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, okay....so there are different ways to "view" the scene....like in Poser with wireframe, etc. I'll look. I'd love to solve that mystery since I have several environments that do that, and I really wanted to use them.

Stezza's .obj sleigh landed in Poser while I'm at the breakfast table....works fine :)

:drawing:

Linda B

Extraordinary
See the circle next to 'perspective view' in my screenshot? Click that and it gives you all the options, wireframe, wireframe with texture, texture shaded, iray, etc.

Linda B

Extraordinary
:thankyou2:

Went outside with the dog. It's a mix of sleet and snow...we both went slip sliding away down the sidewalk coming back since the yard slopes.