• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Now we know how Detective Rank captured the first perps for interrogation, to get information leading to the capture of Turkbo and his gang :)

:drawing:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Turkbo is now turkey colored with a juvie snood.
Shocked_color.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey...that'll work...and it will give him a unique appearance...like an ear ring, or tatoo :)

I've got to work on a better version of the Detective Rank render....a little more dramatic. I wanted the chase scene to render while I was resting today...I knew it would take awhile because of the car lights.

Sure glad you're getting a break for Thanksgiving....that's one of the reasons it was my favorite holiday...it was the only one that we all got that was four days together, because everyone always wanted to have black Friday off...so we ended up getting more for Thanksgiving than for Christmas. It wasn't like that years ago, but it had morphed into how things were done in recent years.

Things sometimes get quiet on the forum during holidays. Terre's probably cooking.

:shineon:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hubby was just commenting that it's so windy and will be tomorrow that he'll have a hard time keeping the grill going. We have beer turkey every year.

We normally have the same holidays as fed government since we're a contractor, but we forego Columbus Day so we can have 2 for thanksgiving.

skylab

Esteemed
We did the same, we had to trade up one of the minor holidays in order to get a Thanksgiving long vacation, which everyone was eager to do, while trying to prepare for Christmas and work at the same time.

The Detective Rank Poser scene imported nicely into Studio....the only thing that was lacking was the Poser hair....so I used Genesis 3 hair on M4 and it will work fine....just took some scaling. Now...to get creative with the lighting....hmmmm.

DETECTIVE RANK and TURKEYS.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah....and I found some doozies during the sale...missile launchers...high tech tanks...gangsta stuff....haha....preparing for urban war. Every year the turkeys have suffered casualties November through December...they're finally taking a stand....haha.

skylab

Esteemed
I keep seeing it like....the lights are in front of him, and what we see is just a silhouette of him with the turkeys by their necks....maybe car lights lighting the scene...or street lights...since they "went for a ride" with Rank.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
It saved a lot of setup time with the scene importing smoothly. I had already installed the scene stuff into Studio to make it easier.

I wonder if animations will transfer the same....now that would be sweet indeed.