• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I don't think I've found anything so far that will help, Linda...unless the sock idea would work. If there was such a thing as a pile of clothes that included a flattened sock, then a sock might work. Or a flattened (scaled) balloon. I think you may have already tried the first two links:

Versatile Tentacle Figure by TeemuM

Noggin's EasyPose Worm by noggin (you probably already tried this, Linda)

How about a flattened sock...would that work?

Or a flattened balloon?

M4SockToes Conforming Figure for M4 (this is weird, turns a foot into a sock)

M4++ Spidey Socks (Joe Quick's description of these left me....perplexed....haha)

....and to add to police stuff:

Poseable Handcuffs by nfredman

....and this can go nicely with the banana costume (haha); it just showed up in the search:

"Potato-dog"figure for Poser by Luna_s20

...for interesting get-aways or chase scenes?
Laundromat Basket by squarepeg3d

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Okay....this is probably Xtreme kitbashing...but what the heck....this pretty much is all I could come up with....maybe it could pass as a tatoo-snood...haha...or just change the mat.

Ajrarn's Morphing Balloon by Jean-Luc_Ajrarn (scale it down until it screams, strip the mats off the string, and make the string transparent in the material room....and maybe then try to put a few bend morphs in the flattened balloon part?)

Andy has been a litle huffy lately over my using Studio, and leaving him out...so you can imagine how this went over....haha.

turkey-snood-balloon.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
...or make it a part of the story. The turkeys go on a mission to the laundromat to find a leftover sock from one of the dryers, to solve the snoodless Turkbo's problem, when they get busted by the cops, and end up in a dramatic downhill chase in the laundromat cart, which they had used as a ladder to get to the dryer...............or not :laugh:

That's all I got....say goodnight sky . . .

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Hahahaha.....one guy used to tell us that he'd spit his beer on the monitor when it was "a good one"....that used to be the "funny meter" :)

I let this iray version render while I was sleeping...wish I had tried iray emissive lights in the ceiling lights, just to see what it would have looked like. The Studio Delight render of the same scene looks just like the Poser 11 version above of Richabri's Laundromat, which has an exterior and a parking lot.

Unforuntately the dryers don't spin...or it could make an interesting "round and round" ride for one of the turkeys, reminiscent of the dog's trick on the cat in the Far Side "Cat Fud" cartoon :)

Here's the iray version...I included the ceiling in this version, so it probably affected the lights....anyway, all the walls and ceiling are removeable.

LAUNDROMAT IRAY.jpg

Last edited:

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
For interior scenes people often use a Ghost light, a ghost light if you don't know is a mesh light set to be invisible by setting the cutout to 0.0000001 (should do it), it gives of light but doesn't show in the render. To do this create a primitive, plane is good it can sit up just under the ceiling, and apply the emmisive shader preset then set the cutout. the less faces the plane has the quicker the render.
Sorry if you already know all this.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh thank you so much Tparo!....I had gotten a ghost light set during the sale, and didn't have any idea how it worked....now I know the "how it works part"....just got to figure out trying it. That's great....any Studio tips are very much appreciated, and you can assume that I'm a beginner....I like to understand things thoroughly as I go along. I'm really enjoying iray...so I'm especially interested in how to get the best results :) Thanks again!

:thankyou:

Linda B

Extraordinary
I have a scene I worked on last night until got the sleepies, in which I used emissive shader on the tree lights. You can really only see the light generated on certain spots because of the placement of the lights in the tree branches. But still cool that I got it to work properly. This is just the iray preview render.
Preview.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I replaced the Poser mats on this Daily Planet globe model with iray mats, and set up a ghost light overhead (thanks again Tparo), just to try it out. Next will be learning to get an emissive glow from the lettering :)

DAILY PLANET GLOBE

daily-planet-wip.jpg

DAILY PLANET GLOBE.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I never knew that young turkeys were called "jakes". Glad you're solving the snoodless Turkbo problem. These brave turkeys sure tried their best...haha.

TURKEYS CHASE.jpg