• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hahaha....plucked alive during interrogation...what a way to go.

I tried doing a basic rigging on Stezza's chicken so the heads would at least flop over, but I couldn't get it to work...haha.

:inverted:

skylab

Esteemed
I used to do partial rigging and it would work...things that didn't have arms or legs, just long bodies...but for some reason I couldn't get this to work. I might be overlooking a step...it's been a long time since I messed with the Poser setup room.

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
This was an example of the last time I tried to do simple rigging, back in September 2018 (page 260 in this thread)...Stezza created some toon characters, and I was testing whether the mesh would handle bending in Poser 11 without breaking...this was the road runner quick rig test that I did at the time. Something like this would be all that the chickens would need in order to be able to flop around a little.

Road Runner Rig Test - p11.gif

skylab

Esteemed
While I was working with the scene above, I happened to run my mouse cursor over some of the aniBlocks at the bottom of the screen...and it cracked me up :)

RIBBITS DANCE.gif

Linda B

Extraordinary
:eek: Nekked frog butt!

Rigging will need to wait for the weekend when I have a fresh brain. Been a long time since I used Blender. But I do know understand the tutorial.

skylab

Esteemed
That's like Poser rigging, only only messed with very basic operations, but they've always worked when I've tried it...so either I've forgotten a necessary step in the process, or the process has changed a little. Will Blender rigging transfer and be functional in Studio?

:coding: