• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning Linda :) Hahaha.....I'm checking about the curler hair....seems like I remember using it before on Hein, and I"m downloading something called Bath Time for Cookie by Propschick from my account....that I think has curler hair included with it...but I don't think I have the V4 version. Will give it a try on Gladys...it would probably work with the chained glasses. She'd probably smoke too, like the big roach with his cigar. She needs a housecoat or gown to live in....haha. My clothing skills leave a lot to be desired...but I'll see what I can do. She's obviously got her lower teeth, so no need for dentures...haha. Maybe I could get Hein's sleepy time slippers parented to her feet somehow...but they need to be fuzzy, and maybe leopard pattern....haha. Man....too bad there isn't a XD license for the toon roaches....haha. I'll see how much of this I can actually "fake".

:laugh:

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, I see the V4 version of the curler hair is on you-know-what....haha. And something called V4 Morning Glory by Trekkie Grrrl pretty much is what I just described above....haha....including a head scarf for the curlers :)

:shineon:

skylab

Esteemed
Here we go....the head of Gladys Roach :) I think I've got an idea how to do the clothing...for sure I could do it in Poser, but we'll see if I can pull it off in Studio :laugh:

GLADYS ROACH.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
You can use the collision function to help fit clothes even if they aren't parented to a figure. That's what I did on the skirt. Scaled it to somewhat fit and then use about an 8 collision setting.

I now haz culer hair!

skylab

Esteemed
I'm thinking about how I used to do hybrid characters, like using Pitterbill body with Nos head....and wondering if I can pull it off in this case....haha. It's major kitbashing, but would be cool to find out if it would work in Studio. Right now I'm downloading V4 stuff into Studio, so that I'll have the tools to work with :)

:D

skylab

Esteemed
Meanwhile, I finally found a fix for another one of Microsoft's really bad update ideas, that is, causing Windows 10 to sort by group in my downloads folder, which separates each day, and creates an absolute mess. The fix is very simple:

On your explorer menu, chose "View", "Group by", and set it back to option "None".

That simple little fix will make my life much easier. Tip: You have to pull the Downloads folder open wide screen in order to even see the "Group By" option along the top.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
We're rolling again today....soon as everything is done downloading, I"ll be pondering the possibility of a hybrid Roach/V4 character. I'm hoping to have an invisible V4 to "wear" the robe and slippers for Gladys Roach. It can be done easily in Poser, but I'm not sure about Studio.

:bee:

DanaTA

Distinguished
Meanwhile, I finally found a fix for another one of Microsoft's really bad update ideas, that is, causing Windows 10 to sort by group in my downloads folder, which separates each day, and creates an absolute mess. The fix is very simple:

On your explorer menu, chose "View", "Group by", and set it back to option "None".

That simple little fix will make my life much easier. Tip: You have to pull the Downloads folder open wide screen in order to even see the "Group By" option along the top.

:coding:

I have Windows always ask me where to put downloads. I don't like everything going into that generic folder. I have a definite orderly downloads folder structure. I know where things came from, and what they're for. It's quick to find things with this system.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
I do the same thing....Freebies go in their own folder, stuff from DAZ in a separate folder, Hivewire and Rendo the same. It works for me, and keeps order. When Windows 10 tampered with grouping, it no longer showed in this orderly fashion....it showed according to the latest date, so everything fell out of place. I searched online for the solution, and found that the problem originated from a Win10 update. It's fixed now, and back to what makes sense to me.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I do the same thing....Freebies go in their own folder, stuff from DAZ in a separate folder, Hivewire and Rendo the same. It works for me, and keeps order. When Windows 10 tampered with grouping, it no longer showed in this orderly fashion....it showed according to the latest date, so everything fell out of place. I searched online for the solution, and found that the problem originated from a Win10 update. It's fixed now, and back to what makes sense to me.

I've never used the Windows Downloads folder. And I've never had the problem you describe. Here is my system (although I now use the DIM for DAZ items) The Downloads folder is the topmost:

Attachments

• 3D Stuff folder with subfolders.jpg
    3D Stuff folder with subfolders.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Downloads folder with subfolders.jpg
    Downloads folder with subfolders.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Renderosity folder with subfolders.jpg
    Renderosity folder with subfolders.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 168

DanaTA

Distinguished
Oh, I don't doubt you had these problems with the Windows download folder, I'm just saying that I don't use it, so I didn't have these issues. You can go into settings and make Windows ask you where to put downloaded files, you don't have to use their Downloads folder.

Dana

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I gave V4 a tough time there...but she finally cooperated...the shoulders needed a little touch up by the time it was over....then Gladys Roach finally emerged...haha :) It is indeed possible to make V4 totally disappear, and just leave the clothing showing, but any compression or scaling of the fitted clothing after that has to be controlled by selecting V4 bones, and not the clothing.

:laugh:

Last edited: