• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I didn't get that warning, either. But it is reported as Not Secure up where the padlock would show. Do you use Windows Defender as your antivirus? Maybe that's why. Sites that don't use SSL certificates are being reported as unsafe. Since there is not a payment checkout, no financial info can be taken. But it's still unsafe. A possibility that a hacker could load malicious code onto the pages. it is a very old site. I downloaded a bunch of stuff from that site years ago.

Dana

Makes sense. Window Defender yes.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh thank you Stezza!! That's great....it's a great help to lighten the weight of a scene :) Maybe I could render some of the scenes in iray separately, then use them as backgrounds in some cases.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
And there's Pugsley....haha....he's one that I've had tucked away for awhile :) Wonder if they used AniLip to do that . . .and AniSound.

Linda B

Extraordinary
It was a professional motion capture or something like that as far as I can figure from the credits.

Could someone please take a look at this 3duniverse freebie whenever they can (no rush, no hurry, etc.) and figure out where everything is supposed to be installed? I installed it to my default DAZ library and I can get the figure to load, but there's no pose or expression morphs. So I know I'm doing something wrong since they do appear in the "data" folder as in the download. There's no readme in the download file or the product page on the website. Been sick all day and my brain is apparently not functioning.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's Pugsley....at least I'm getting faster at finding, loading and lighting for quick renders :)

Pugsley.jpg

Hey Linda, a lot of times 3D Universe "poses" are in the form of dials, like this:

pug-poses.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
It's the S. Cargo purple snail. The morph dials aren't showing up. Poses and expressions are included, the files were in the download but they don't show up in the preferences, posing or shaping tabs. I checked all 3 tabs just to make sure.

Oh I forgot to include the link in the other post. Told you have no brain tonight!

3D Universe | Free Downloads

skylab

Esteemed
I have S.Cargo loaded, but I'm like you, the parameters box seems different for him, almost as if it has to do with rigging and bone set up....but so far, no poses....hmmm.

skylab

Esteemed
Might have to select an eye to get it to stretch like the promo....but I'm not seeing any body poses at all...at least not yet....just a lot of bone and rigging stuff.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, I guess you've figured out S.Cargo by now, Linda....he might make an interesting bug....and that Waffling Shuggle has some personality too :)

Guess I'll put my feet up awhile and turn in soon...rest my eyes so that I can try Stezza's background image trick later on....thanks again Stezza :)

Night all ...

:sleep: