• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Teaching Dragon.jpg

The Teaching Dragon.

skylab

Esteemed
Dragon lessons....okay :) I'm glad you mentioned Terradome 3 for Studio. Thought I would have to wishlist it, but turns out it's part of the mega sale, so it's downloading now. This weekend I think is the last opportunity for the big price drops.

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Oh that is a nice freebie.

Yeah I broke my budget on the sales. :D No need for TD2 however since I have 1 and 3!

We have officially confused the pupper. Shampoo'd the carpets, rearranged furniture in living room and then moved the kitchen table.

skylab

Esteemed
Sure was....almost unbelieveable. At least I'll have something to work with this winter in Studio, instead of having to wait so long for stuff to reach a decent price.

A new freebie at Rendo for Poser, including both firefly and superfly mats:

Colourful Lollipop by PandaB5

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Sounds like you've been busy Linda :) Guess it is time for some play at 3D :)

I've been trying to get all the YouTube account info together, so I'll have it ready should I have any success with adding audio to videos. The instructions look complicated, so we'll see how long it takes to actually learn to use it. I like the AniLip talking animal feature....that will be fun :) It's supposed to have text-to-speech capability, so the character can speak whatever is typed....sweet :)

skylab

Esteemed
I used to do text-to-speech years ago on my 386....would freak people out, they'd walk by and the computer would talk to them...in those particular cases, I'd be using the robot voice...hehe. I also used it to create my answering machine greeting, as if my computer was my receptionist :) So, using AniLip will be like a blast from the past.

Linda B

Extraordinary
1 TD3, 1 creature figure, 1 splash prop...render at 74% @ 1 hr 38 min. Oy! The martian one only took 3-4 mins.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, TD3 will probably add extra lighting and detail...takes longer. That's why I was asking about a background image....a scene could still be rendered, and used as a background image....kinda like I did with this Vue 6 render in the Sarah raft joke...here's the description from my website:

This is a render that I did of my friend Sarah when Hurricane Fay hit in 2008, which brought a lot of flooding. When I emailed her to find if she was doing okay, she was unaware that there had been flooding, she was so captivated with learning Poser, and collecting downloads for her projects. So, I did this two-step render as a joke for her...that is, I rendered the raft in Vue in order to get a well defined boat shadow on the water (as seen below), then imported the Vue render into Poser, and positioned the same raft "on top of" the Vue raft, and used Miki to create Sarah, floating along :)

raft-in-Vue6.jpg

fay-raft.jpg

Linda B

Extraordinary
I love that render, sky! Cute idea.

Now the shot that will shock the 3d world! The illusive Loch Daz Monster has been spotted. Is Dazzie real or just a myth? (Postworked to look like a bad photo.)
Loch Daz Monster_Dazzie.jpg