• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Linda B

Extraordinary
Couldn't sleep...because I slept all day. :sleep:

Converted S.Cargo to iray uber shader with his own body texture. All other surfaces just various shaders. Loik's nightcap, Content Paradise teddy, blanket from some bed prop.
SleepySnail.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Haha....would you look at that....uber shader....I've got a lot to learn.....haha. That's nicely done....I knew you must be cooking something up :)

I set this to iray render while I was sleeping:

chess.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The biggest difference between Poser and Daz Studio is the way and where everything is saved. In Poser everything needs to be in a specific folder, textures in textures, etc. In Daz Studio you can save anything anywhere. If you are looking for poses for something go to the folder where it's at an open any folders under that. I like this, it keeps things organized.

Like:

Figure
>Poses
>Materials
>Anything else.

skylab

Esteemed
Thought of you, Janet, when I saw the tap dancing cow :) You might can get the step from the first one, it's pretty clear for any four-footed animal :)

:bee:

Linda B

Extraordinary
The chess set looks like a photo, sky.

The last spider musical render. His little legs are too short to reach the neck of the violin!
SpideeViolin.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
That looks good Linda :) I had the same short leg problem with the harp render. It would have been great if the rigging had allowed for more extension of the front legs, but then it was probably never anticipated that he'd need to do anything more than scurry across the floor :)

skylab

Esteemed
It wasn't easy doing a cow jumping for joy...haha....best I could do for a quick cow happy dance :)

I had slipped off to sleep, and woke up chilled....temp drop today :/

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my, that's a good one....saving the fly friend from Mr Tongue :) I don't think there was a TexToon for that either....I don't remember seeing any that said "SCHURLP!"

Linda B

Extraordinary
I'm having more fun listening to hubby grumble while watching football than I am watching the game myself. He's not a happy camper! Penn State is playing awful. So I'm rendering to while away the time. :flower02:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Hmmm forgot I have Terradome 3. Need to try it out after this render finishes. Have the older rnda (?) one too I think.