• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, okay...will check. This is a rubber chicken render for you...haha....both the roach and the chicken were saved as .obj and were imported into Poser 11 :) Just the eye tears and lens have to be darkened and transparency set to 100% in order for the eyes to render correctly, just like the Poser cat.

ROACH and RUBBER CHICKEN- P11.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh you're right, that was the set I was picturing too....and I already had it from years ago...and it will work in either DS or Poser....yay!

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
The roaches will work in Poser as long as they are posed in DS, and exported to .obj with that pose, since the rigging is lost on export.

Linda B

Extraordinary
Finally finished my DoF render. Yay! This is a resized image since the original is much larger. Did a little postwork to enhance the lighting since the render was a bit dark.
BattleCyborg_Sm.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey, it worked....you can tell the DoF is there. I sure am glad that guy, the WP Guru, has spent his recovery time doing those Studio tutorials....it will help all of us :)

Just thought I'd mention, there are five mats in the rubber chicken that can be changed/adjusted in the Poser material room, or in DS surfaces probably.

skylab

Esteemed
Roaches sailing on the raft....either on open water, or could be in a sink or tub :) This is firefly, in Poser 11.

ROACH RAFT SAILING.gif

skylab

Esteemed
And let's not forget the roach that was rendering in Studio....for over 27 hours....and had no hope of completing, so I halted it at frame 36....which was the roach taking two steps....originally he was going to walk slowly forward, stop, and look from side to side. However, it would have taken better part of a week to accomplish that in an iray render, not exactly practical, nor kind to my workstation. So, I salvaged what I could. It's too bad I couldn't post the full size animation, but best I could do was get it down to about 8 megs....and the quality was wonderful, especially the reflection in the windows (wasn't sure how that would turn out) so, I culled frames and messed with it....and turned it into a joke....one, two....cha-cha-cha....haha :)

ROACH-WALK------CHA-CHA-CHA.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda, since you've mentioned losing a lot of your old freebies, you might be interested in visiting these sites, since a lot of the oldies are still active.

Patchwork Quilt from Ness (download comes from Wayback Archive)

Textures for Ness Quilt 1

Textures for Ness Quilt 2

Christmas Texture for Ness Quilt

Ness Period Reproductions (main access to Wayback Archive downloads)

3Dmenagerie.com

Zippo newer freebies

Zippo old freebies

Zippo free stuff on Rendo

Ziggies at zme.me.uk

TrekkieGrrrl

Shar3D.com (use menu on upper left that says Pages Of Stuff)

Vanishing Point free stuff

SparkyWorld

Age of Armour

Sixus1 free stuff (what remains)

Sixus1 on ShareCG

Scott Ayers Dinosaurs on Morphography.uk.vu

Mapps free stuff (menu on left)

ColaCola.se

Evilinnocence free stuff

Fantasy3d.com

3Dmodelfree.com

PhilC free stuff on Rendo

Wilmaps

Most Digital Creations Freebies - or this takes you back to Page 1

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Making progress in Studio....3Delight render of Easy Environments Autumn scene. Still have to explore lighting more....in Poser I'm accustomed to adding color lights to enhance a scene.

easy environments autumn.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda....is it possible to import a background picture in Studio, the way Poser does....like a sky background? I need to find out how to do that, and also how to control the colors of the lights.

I'll try animating the roach walking again, this time using 3Delight...and just set it to render while I'm resting this morning.

:sleep:

Terre

Renowned
Good morning.
Sky, I bet that roach will turn out as a cute animation. :)
From images I've seen in the past I think you can import pictures. At least it sure looked like people did so.