• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Unexpected surprise...I'm accustomed to HD integrated graphics meaning limited quality....but turns out that there's enough juice on board the new Dell Win10 drive that Blender 2.80 runs....a very pleasant surprise, especially at a refurbished drive price tag of just under $200. I'll test it to see if iClone 7 will work tomorrow.

Time for rest again...have a good day everyone :)

:sleep:

Okay, you all know I do a lot of landscape type images. When I was using Firefly to render I could use a cloud/fog set that I got from RDNA to add a bit of atmosphere to the image...alas, when I started using Superfly to render, it didn't work anymore and I couldn't figure out how to make it work. I was browsing through the new items that Bondware's PoserPro11 offers and in the Props folder under 3D Scene Sets is the JeffersonAF / Ice World folder with Cloud Snow and Haze props. They render beautifully in Superfly! Now I can add some cloud cover to my images. Doing a happy dance!! :snoopydances:

skylab

Esteemed
Good morning everyone :) Took all night, but my runtimes have finally finished transferring to the new drive. It's sure a lot easier to let it copy while I'm resting, instead of having to reload each single thing....whew! Am setting up DS 4.12 now....and tweaking various Win10 settings. Maybe things can be back to normal by middle of this week. Downloading and transfer of files takes most of the time involved.

Speaking of downloading, as Dani shared with us, there are files that have been updated in the Rendo Poser 11.2 downloads....not the Legacy content, but the new props, scenery and vehicles have newer dates, and the La Femme content, and Ghostman's content, plus the P11.2 installation and support. The content updates require serial validation.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
It's only right that I share this here, since all of you have known what a tough time I've had with hard drives and internet connections lately. Not one, but TWO unexpected refund checks arrived by mail, far exceeding the price of my replacement drive. So, in the end, not only was no harm done, but it turned out to be a gain (plus I've got better graphics capabilities on the new drive than I had on the other drive, and at a cheaper price!). And... because I've had to set up Windows 10 systems so much, it's no longer new, unknown territory for me....just in time to be equipped to answer questions from friends who are transitioning to Windows 10. It's Romans 8:28....actively at work :) I just had to put tape over my mouth (so grumbling and complaining didn't shift into high gear), and then just get busy with what I had to do, and trust God for the outcome. Where He guides, He provides :)

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
Free for non-commercial use, PhotoStage Slideshow Software. I've tested it and it's very intuitive, similar to video editing software. Numerous output formats, including Mp4, .avi and .gif. It also includes audio capability, for music or narration. There are two registered version options, one for photos and audio only, and the other allows for additional inclusion of video as well.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Worked a little on DAZ Studio 4.12 set up, but am mostly resting today, so I'll have a little steam for tomorrow :)

cat---napping.jpg

cat---glasses---laptop.gif

cat-solitaire.jpg

cat---typing.gif

cntrl--alt---zzz.jpg