• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

ladyfur

Eager
Thanks Ladyfur :) I'd planned on creating a page on my website of the animations in order. I'm still getting occasional ideas, so I may not be done with the story yet...haha. Obviously it would benefit me to learn the art of storyboarding, but my ideas don't usually come in perfect sequence. Sometimes I just wake up with a funny idea, and pursue it. And in the case of this project, getting an idea and carrying it through to the end was launching entirely into the unknown, since I've never tried anything other than the fundamentals of looping animations. So, I learned a great deal while pursuing the humor. If anyone had ever told me that I'd make a drone fly through a window and disappear into a DVD box, I would have said "cute....but I don't think so". Having completed what I've done so far, I think having a good story...or at least an absurdly entertaining one, is just as important as the technical skills of animation.

And regarding my website, I try to archive everything there, where it will be safe from hard drive issues. And yes, back in 2007, Lazy Kitty was on Neftis' website, as this Neftis Rendo Showcase article from 2004 indicates. I think it's neat that I'm finally getting a chance to use all the cool stuff that I had collected over the years, even the oldies :)

:drawing:
sky, when you do it i want to see. :)

skylab

Esteemed
Okay....will do. It will take awhile to review everything and get it into some sort of sequence. Some I may even attempt to re-do if lighting needs improvement. I was working fast in order to keep up with my imagination...haha.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Dani, your work is beautiful as always. Sorry I missed when you stopped by....I had fallen sound asleep while trying to watch the weather channel to get an update on the Dorian storm. Wow, it has certainly trashed everything in its path so far....but thankfully the stall in south Florida has reduced it from a Cat 5 to a Cat 3 at 120 mph. The longer it stalls, the more it's churning up colder water from the deep, which weakens it.

:angel:

skylab

Esteemed
Tweaked the timing and lighting on these a bit.

ANDY DRONE THRU WINDOW to DVD - v2.gif

ANDY DRONE TRIO LANDING - VER2.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Forgot to mention, in addition to Antfarm's Hollywords, since it does not include numbers in the set, I also used the free Letters and Numbers 1 for Poser at ShareCG. The free set actually has the whole alphabet, including numbers in Arial type, so all you'd need is to create a frame to put them on....or the free numbers can be used with Hollywoods, with the textures from Hollywords applied to create the same effect.

HIVEWIRE-P11-ANDY-DRONE-SELFIE.jpg

There is also a free Times Roman font set at ShareCG, Letters and Numbers 2 for Poser.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey everyone :) Just woke from my nap, and slept so soundly, had to check whether it was morning or night....haha.

FlowScape 1.5 has recently released version 4, so I can play with that this evening...yay! One new feature in this version is a link within the program to the YouTube tutorial below, which nicely covers all the advanced features that my beginner tutorial did't. There are a few new goodies also. Just LOVE this program!

And more good news....Dorian has been reduced to a Cat 2 hurricane, and the new projected path is swinging further east when it passes NC. I do hate to see Nags Head get so battered during storms.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Linda :) I think I remember seeing that critter at DAZ....haha....he's giving that fly the look :)

Yeah, there's starting to be more demonstrations on YouTube for FlowScape now. I had no idea that the program would do thunder and lightning effects. The landscape art being created is very rich appearing, like renders from Vue.