• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Yes, I agree, really nice work Maja, and good to see you again. We're always glad when you can stop by :)

And I'm curious too about what's in the future for Poser. I'm choosing to do a comical series of Andy animations to remind folks of the release date....as updating to Poser 11.2 will be mandatory for all users in order to maintain activation of the program.

:bee:

ladyfur

Eager
I second that thanks. I have a two to four lizards patroling around the house. One was enjoying a grand meal at an ant trail near my garage the other day. I waited before dowsing the area in hot water to wash away the trail.
I have to keep my wife's repticidal (along with her arachicidal) tendencies at bay.
lol. i kill dangerous spiders because they bite me and i get sick. but i ignorethe harmless ones. i like your lizard patrol. :)

ladyfur

Eager
Lizards I leave alone. If any ever come into the house they will be captured and moved outside. As far as spiders, I tend to kill web building ones inside but outside I only do that to Black Widows. The big spider that keeps building a web on my front porch keeps having it's web destroyed by me. Hopefully it'll eventually get the idea that this isn't as good a hunting ground as it thinks. The other bug I kill is paper wasps. I do not tolerate them trying to lay claim to my house and try to drive me away from a place where they are the intruders.
i don't blame you, terre. yikes!

ladyfur

Eager
heads up. daz digests no longer have jpg images. they are now all this awful webp that only chrome can view. linux cannot. most browsers are not going to be able to use them. google is taking over the internet. i had to get yet another add on to my chrome called save as png.

https%3A%2F%2Fchrome.google.com%2Fwebstore%2Fdetail%2Fsave-image-as-png%2Fnkokmeaibnajheohncaamjggkanfbphi%3Futm_source%3Dchrome-ntp-icon%3Au3kSIO1jXY7qxyUEOp7gbxqgLDc&cuid=5850294

so more clutter on my browser, how fun. google is a pita but i really can't use firefox anymore except for a couple of odd things. amazon feedback cannot be left with chrome, only with firefox, and at least one news source is completely impossible on chrome but it can be seen with firefox.

any guess why daz wanted to alienate people?

DanaTA

Distinguished
I just went to the store at DAZ with the Edge browser, clicked on a very new product - Tough Girl Poses for Genesis 8 Female - went to the second image, enlarged and then right-clicked and selected Save as... And I got a .JPG extension, so I'm not sure this is an accurate statement. In Chrome, they always come up as .WEBP. I never even heard of that before this started happening. But in Edge, all the promos come down as .JPG for me. I don't know what will happen when they send out the final release of the new Chrome-based Edge. Maybe then we'll have nothing but this .WEBP format. Chrome doesn't even offer any other formats if you click on the dropdown... .WEBP is the only one offered.

Anyway, I don't think it's DAZ doing it!

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Chrome doesn't even have a setting where you can select what formats you want to appear.

OK, did a little test. When you right-click and select Save as... , you can select All Files from the dropdown. Then, you just change the extension of the filename from .webp to .jpg and click save. It works.

Dana

ladyfur

Eager
Chrome doesn't even have a setting where you can select what formats you want to appear.

OK, did a little test. When you right-click and select Save as... , you can select All Files from the dropdown. Then, you just change the extension of the filename from .webp to .jpg and click save. It works.

Dana
thanks, dana. i'll test that next time i get my daz digest. i deleted today's.

ladyfur

Eager
I just went to the store at DAZ with the Edge browser, clicked on a very new product - Tough Girl Poses for Genesis 8 Female - went to the second image, enlarged and then right-clicked and selected Save as... And I got a .JPG extension, so I'm not sure this is an accurate statement. In Chrome, they always come up as .WEBP. I never even heard of that before this started happening. But in Edge, all the promos come down as .JPG for me. I don't know what will happen when they send out the final release of the new Chrome-based Edge. Maybe then we'll have nothing but this .WEBP format. Chrome doesn't even offer any other formats if you click on the dropdown... .WEBP is the only one offered.

Anyway, I don't think it's DAZ doing it!

Dana
well, this was the first digest ever that did not have embedded jpgs in the email. i used to use copy image address to put it on a board to see it better and the url used to end in jpg but today it ends inwebp.

ladyfur

Eager
@DanaTA . i get digests from... overtherainbow fabrics, sprouthouse seed and sprout seller, 3 quilt companies, an e-card site, etc. none of them have gone webp, only daz.

skylab

Esteemed
ANDY POSER DRONE - LOST IN SPACE.gif

DanaTA

Distinguished
@DanaTA . i get digests from... overtherainbow fabrics, sprouthouse seed and sprout seller, 3 quilt companies, an e-card site, etc. none of them have gone webp, only daz.

It's probably something they put in the webpage...like a directive, maybe...that tells the browser to use that if it supports it. They always show as jpg for me in Edge. But only as webp in Chrome.

I don't know about this digest you speak of. I'm talking about the actual promo images on the website, on the product pages. Whenever I buy something (including freebies), I always save the promo images in a special folder, so I can look in them for ideas of what to use when I'm planning a render. I have them all saved by category. It makes it really easy to see what I have. I do this for what I buy no matter from what site...DAZ3D, Renderosity, Hivewire3D...where ever. It helps a lot.

At any rate, webp is a new standard on the web. Perhaps they use that in the newsletters or that digest you're talking about, because they supposedly have smaller file sizes without losing quality. And, as a standard, most browsers probably can display them. Unlike me, most people seem to use webmail. I still use Outlook for my main email address. Anyway, that's just a guess.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
By the way, I'm still using Outlook 2007. So, I'd have to say that the DAZ emails are using jpg images, or they wouldn't show in Outlook. Anything that's new, it doesn't understand. I don't see any of the smilies that are from new sources in personal emails. I can use Windows 10 smilies to insert into outgoing email, but I can't see them in the edit window...just a broken image icon. But the recipients can see them.

Dana