• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Andy's selfie :)

HIVEWIRE-P11-ANDY-DRONE-SELFIE.jpg

ladyfur

Eager
The lizard came back yesterday. I put on my big girl pants went in there with a huge piece of paper, a smaller lighter box and a big box. Guided it into the smaller box with the paper, put it all in the big box, carried the whole thing outside, dumped it out and watched it scamper away!
thank you for not hurting it.

ladyfur

Eager
Received an email from Nursoda, with his apologies for the delayed response....and he will be considering doing the sheep character this winter...yay!! :)

"The Puntik sheep is awesome :) just a few days ago the sheep crossed my mind ...you remind me now that yesterday i had an inspiration for a little creature i definitively have to bring into the 3D world. A sheep could be a good activity for the winter perhaps. sorry that i am so slowly in responding Thanks and have a nice day Frank"

View attachment 50365

View attachment 50366
that face on the b/w one looks like lambchop, shari lewis' puppet! i got to pet lambchop when i was 6 by the way...

Terre

Renowned
Yes, it is. I think I've ended up with all of the "awards" but one by now. If it helps some people feel like they are accomplishing something that is good. Some of the awards are truely along that line.

robert952

Brilliant
thank you for not hurting it.
I second that thanks. I have a two to four lizards patroling around the house. One was enjoying a grand meal at an ant trail near my garage the other day. I waited before dowsing the area in hot water to wash away the trail.
I have to keep my wife's repticidal (along with her arachicidal) tendencies at bay.

Terre

Renowned
Lizards I leave alone. If any ever come into the house they will be captured and moved outside. As far as spiders, I tend to kill web building ones inside but outside I only do that to Black Widows. The big spider that keeps building a web on my front porch keeps having it's web destroyed by me. Hopefully it'll eventually get the idea that this isn't as good a hunting ground as it thinks. The other bug I kill is paper wasps. I do not tolerate them trying to lay claim to my house and try to drive me away from a place where they are the intruders.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I had a nest of Bald-Faced hornets two summers ago. It wasn't there, then a week later it was there and it was huge. At least a foot in diameter. Beautiful pattern. I took a few photos from a distance with zoom. Then I looked them up online and found out what they were. These things are known to be very agressive. So, I called Terminix. when the guy came, he used something with a long pipe (very thin) that helped him pump a burst of some kind of dust into the nest. He'd give it a pump, then run around the corner of the house, then come back and give it another pump. This was a professional. So, I'm glad I didn't try to take care of it myself!

Dana