• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Oh I see...that's why I thought it had slipped past me, since I have a Rendo free stuff bookmark that I usually check morning and evening, to catch things that are newly released.

skylab

Esteemed
Oh, I just checked your download, and it was probably the "sky" folder that you put the runtime in....it was probably not recognizing that. Have to always have the Runtime -> Libraries -> Character or Props or Poses sequence in order for things to land within Poser properly. And then it's Runtime -> Textures for any texture files.

I usually prepare my uploads in an isolated folder, so nothing else gets mixed up with it, and I create the zip in that isolated folder, so that it remains clean from other stuff.

:coding:

Linda B

Extraordinary
Works like a charm, Janet. Thank you!
Render 1.png

skylab

Esteemed
All right...it does look good :) We'll have Nursoda critters everywhere. Thanks to Janet...and thanks to you Linda for the fur textures :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Glad it works! Oh I added Superfly materials too.

Oh if you want a wooly look find the morphs on the hat body properties and use a negative number under taper.

Good morning!

Thank you for all of the new things to play with and the tips to better hair. I thought that I had tried using the Hair Room once or twice and found that I had to make soot sprites a few years ago; grew hair on Poser's ball prop. Never used it again. *smile*

spriteattack.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Dani...well sure enough, there are little hairy things in your render :) And that's a great way to begin by the way, just putting hair on a sphere. I just happened to plunge into doing hair on Nursoda characters out of need, when I was doing all the Hein characters.

skylab

Esteemed
I'll probably be downloading for the rest of my life. One reason I opted to get a refurbished, inexpensive hard drive for a workstation was to save enough to allow for iClone 7 and iClone 3DXChange Pro...I was able to catch a member's half price deal on both, making it equivalent to under the price of Poser, so I figured this was my moment, if ever there was going to be one. They also included a Genesis 8 plug-in with the deal, and since I recently got the Genesis 8 "elastic face" morphs, hopefully it will import nicely. The 3DXChange Pipeline version is quite pricey, and focuses on export capability for gaming, which I will never be interested in doing. What I am looking forward to is the animation capability....the 3DXChange add-on is supposed to allow for things like vehicles, or props, or if I'm understanding it correctly, any rigged figure (I really am hoping that Nursoda characters will work) to be imported and animated in iClone 7. I wasn't interested in the Character Creator Pipeline as it's more for vendors, particularly those selling their work into gaming projects. Again, I am just interested in the animation toys...and it might be refreshing to use both Studio and Poser content in a politically neutral program, free of the Studo vs Poser war. I was hoping for that kind of direct crossover through Blender, but having that hope was no guarantee that it was ever going to happen. So we'll see what iClone 7 will do. I tried the trial version, and it will do everything but global illumination with my low end video card, but at least I made it into the ballgame.

The first step will be the enormous download time to get everything installed, so my computer will be tied up today. But I can still cheer others on as they post their renders :)

:drawing: