• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Wishing you lots of luck with your downloading and installing.

Oh, how cute! How do you get the variegated hair colors?

I did a comparison render between Firefly and Superfly just to see the difference. I like both but I like Firefly's fuzziness better. I'm now going to attempt to do hair following your worm tutorial...if it turns out I'll post it.

Attachments

• flycomparisonrenders.jpg
    flycomparisonrenders.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 132

skylab

Esteemed
I mentioned Reallusion's iClone 7 awhile ago. I've been using their software since back around 2007, before it was cool, so that's how I qualified as a member. I used Crazy Talk 4 to animate this talking lamb reciting the Psalm 23 for kids...apparently it's been well received.

That's really good, Sky!

I'm going to be playing with this for the rest of the day. I like how responsive the hair commands are...you tell it to go up and up it goes. For some reason, I thought it was stodgy like the Cloth Room. I like instant gratification. *smile*

skylab

Esteemed
Hi everyone :) I slipped off to sleep there for awhile...that looks good Dani, you're getting results in the hair room. And yeah, it's nothing like the cloth room settings, where you spin dials and have to wait for the results...in the hair room, what you see is what you get, in real time. I think it's fun playing around with the controls. I see you got a nice pull up and pull side going on with Kon :) The hard part is over...that is, losing the fear of it...now you all can create all the hairy little critters that you please :)

I got sleepy watching these slow downloads...even after all this time, I still only have half of the iClone 7 program file downloaded...and that's not counting all the add-ons...so I'll probably have to do light playing, forum, and email today. That's okay, you all can give me a fashion show with your hair creations :)

:bee::beehive::bee:

Yes, he does, Linda! LOL

Well, I did find out that if you go crazy with hair that Poser just POOFS away...crashes. I don't know if it's my machine or does that happen to any of you, too?

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes...especially now with Poser 11, since some random bugs are showing up here and there. I forgot to mention, because I forget to do it myself, that it's wise to save your work often, so that you don't have to start all over if that happens.

skylab

Esteemed
I also tend to do a bkup file also, especially with hair projects...like Puntik Sheep, and then Puntik Sheep bkup, just in case it takes a serious, unplanned down turn...that way I can recover the last point at which it was looking pretty good.

skylab

Esteemed
I'm loading up my Poser runtime in my kitchen, using Poser Pro 2014. I had recently successfully loaded the program on my offline hard drive, but I hadn't yet added the runtime folders in the content library. I won't be able to do superfly scenes, but I can do some hair and cloth room projects, and poses. My bedside workstation is still chugging along with downloading.....and I've talked myself out of running an errand this morning, since the forecast is saying it will be slightly cooler and less humidity early tomorrow morning...so that that's all it took to talk myself out of it :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I always watch the weather and map out my "safe days" for going out. Looks like it's going to be hot leading up to 4th of July. Early tomorrow won't be too bad, and Monday....and all the rest appears to not work for me. It provokes such shortness of breath and heaviness, like an elephant sitting on me...so I don't go out in it much, or go very early if it's necessary.

skylab

Esteemed
Decided to do a little playing in the Poser Pro 2014 hair room with you all. Here's a short, side part, scruffy do for Doc...it's done in six sections, two on each side and two in the back....starting low, and working toward building up the top.

doc hair 1.jpg

doc hair 1b.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
You can call this my "wonder what happened to it" mistake. Things were going well with this wild hair and beard, and when I did the final render, half of the hair had turned green. I searched for an hour through the material room and did not see any trace of green anywhere. So, I tried exporting the hair and beard as an object...it appeared to work beautifully...it showed in preview, but when I rendered it, it was not there...totally invisible. So this is me, giving up on this hair project, and I'll start another one another time. It just goes to show that there are many ways in which a hair project can suddenly go south, sometimes without explanation.

doc hair with beard.jpg

A render done during the early stages of lengthening the hair...no green anywhere.

doc hair 2.jpg

Time for a nap...have a good afternoon everyone :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
That's a first time for me...never seen it before, and I've spent a lot of time in the hair room. So maybe we've found a little green bug in the Poser 11 hair room.

iClone 7 and 3DXChange Pro finally finished downloading, so after backing it up, I'll try the installation.