• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
...and here's the default clay lamp as it loads in Poser:

clay lamp.jpg

...and after applying the bright light emitter materials for the flame and lowering all the other lights:

FORESTER - LAMP and FLAME superfly.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
...and finally the jetty, designed to fit a typical beach terrain. I discovered this morning that there's a glitch on the Galilee page on Forester's site with this download, but it's still available in her Rendo free stuff here:

Forester free stuff at Renderosity

jetty.jpg

This covers testing what we have so far to go with the two boats that have been released.

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Stezza....we need your help with the problem that you mentioned with the Furled Sail version of the boat...to quote Forester, she says that "it appeared that the area in question must be "triangulating" the quad polygons during the import process. The process of making a hole for the forestay seems to have created a weakness in that "board", that doesn't want to stand up to whichever process Carrara is using on the import. So, I re-built this piece to try to allow for a better triangulation...and put it up on the website in place of the old one. Could you please ask your friend, Stezza, to "purchase" (it's still free) and download the Furled Sail version from the Galilee website and try it out in his copy of Carrara. If my "fix" worked for him, then I'll go ahead and also fix the Full Sail version sometime this evening." So, Stezza, she will be waiting for your response before she works on the full sail version. If you get a chance, and stop by, we'd appreciate your help with testing this fix... go here to download the furled sail boat correction:

expandingwave.com/galilee

Also, the jetty link is now fixed on her website Galilee page.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Hi SkyLab..
I would get it but I don't have an account at that site and I don't really want to create another site account..

anyways problem isn't just when loaded into Carrara, it's also with Poser and Daz Studio if that helps any.
If you look closely it shows in your renders as well.. ;)

upload_2019-6-6_14-42-57.png

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for your input Stezza. Guess I'll have to try to test it myself. You're going to miss future downloads if you don't register at Forester's site....just sayin'. I magnified the two recent renders way up, and see this (below), so the render affects are barely visible at normal resolution. If I examine a model in Carrara, unless I already know what I'm looking for, I'll miss it. So...I guess we're stuck. I'll check this, but what does it serve to point out small import fix issues on free models that we're not even registering to get? Imagine how Forester would feel about that after awhile, if she's human. She's running $1500 software, and exporting it out and down to us, freely...it's showing okay in Maya...so it's a Maya export issue and for us, an import issue. Thanks again for your input...it will at least help with future exported work.

KINNERET very dark SUNSET with jetty-magnified.jpg

KINNERET SUNSET-magnified.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Someone else has stepped up and helped out with checking the fixed furled sail download, and it is checking out as being okay now. So, if you're interested in having the fix, go to this link in order to download it:

expandingwave.com/galilee

And, it doesn't require full registration for download. You can put in your pet's name if you want to. This process is explained on the main page at the link above. It requires no payment, nor real information, it's just to satisfy the download process on a commercial site. So it seems like a registration, but is not really...and yet it's not a click, download and run either. Rendo has no means of replacing a download with an updated file. So the fix will only be at the above link.

And with that....I'm going to go download the fixed boat.

Have a good evening everyone :sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I'm a wild old lady this morning. I'm test flying a mini indoor/outdoor drone...haha. So far I can make it take off, and land on my hand :) Found these demo videos on YouTube...it's quite cute.

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
I was so pleased to receive an email from Clark Cook yesterday...it made my day to hear from him, and have an opportunity to encourage him during his challenges with health issues. He's happy to see the new version boat project released at Rendo. I sent him a quick render of his original Kinneret boat at sunset.

CLARK KINNERET SUNSET - 6-6-19.jpg

Clark KINNERET on lake - 6-6-19.gif

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Yeah, all you have to do is export it as an .obj from the DS4 .duf file. Lately I've been doing that a lot with DS-only props :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
After much back and forth with Rendo, Forester appealed for the ability to update files in the free stuff area...and because of her efforts, the updated version of both the full and furled sail versions of the Kinneret boat are available. I've downloaded them, and rendered the area of question in both, and it appears to be fine now.

If you're interested in downloading the fixed versions of both boats, they are available now in Rendo free stuff. Just go to Forester's Rendo page to download them freely.

FULL-SAIL.jpg

FURLED-SAIL.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
...and, if you observe any other import issues or errors in any of the models, I would ask that you send an email to Forester's Renderosity site mail. Having me as a messenger only prolongs the process, and between passing of messages, interpreting the issues, and waiting for responses, and then passing messages again....rinse and repeat...I was involved with this, off and on, for over six hours. It leaves me tied to my email, frequently checking the forum, and being hindered from doing my work. So that's not going to work in the future. If you find an error, just email Forester at Rendo site mail. I think it's obvious by now that she has been more than willing to bend over backwards to be accommodating. That willingness has been to her credit...thank you, Forester, for all you've done!

:flower02:

skylab

Esteemed
Great Miss B :) We wanted folks to have easy access to them.

You all may remember back when I did these deflation animation path tests with a soccer ball and Andy. At the time I was going for something the weight of a balloon. I've been thinking, wonder if this works on a fixed, static .obj, like the sail on a boat. It would have to be a much heavier weighted action, not as light as a balloon...but could it replace rigging in the sail? Just thinking out loud. If I remember correctly, it functions much like the settings in dynamic cloth... adjusting weight and flexibility. But the sail would have to be a separate .obj, or the entire boat would deflate...haha.

andy-deflation-firefly-testing.gif

andy-deflation-superfly-ani.gif