• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Janet, if you happen by, check your email :)

Time for senior citizens to have their afternoon nap, so catch everyone later.

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
I'm ba-aack :) Woke rested and hit the ground running, like Flisch in this animation. Flisch was released by Nursoda in 2012 when nobody in the 3D community felt much like laughing, so he has a few abandonment issues. I tried giving him blue hair at the time so he'd feel special, but when folks are trying to forget something that they feel is bad, they also unfortunately tend to forget the good too. It's like when a computer gets overwhelmed and does a memory dump, and then you have to do a scan disk to find and recover the lost files. Anyway...Flisch was born at a time of adversity, so he's tough and enduring, but he doesn't talk much. In fact, he's been silent so long, he doesn't even have a mouth. So there's another label, right off the bat...he's the silent type, holds things in...even shy, or perhaps hurt. Hmmm...poor Flisch...what a load of baggage to haul around. So this morning we're celebrating Flisch, and his stalwart tenacity...he doesn't run from his problems, he runs boldly toward them. Go for it Flisch :)

Apparently I also didn't even notice at the time of his chaotic release that Flisch had two built in animation poses...a walk, and a run...so here he is, doing a little of both :)

FLISCH walk and run ani.gif

flisch-point-animation.gif

FLISCH blue guitar.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
...and Mick Jagger is recovering rapidly...he posted a video of his dance rehearsal recently. Hey Janet, how about a Jagger dance...haha :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I didn't even know he had gone in for heart surgery. Good on him for keeping in shape to undergo that sort of surgery at his age, and then recover so quickly.

skylab

Esteemed
This attempt at a prissy Mr. Bean walk was inspired by Janet's walk cycles. I've never done walk cycles before, so this is a new deal...with a big learning curve. This animation is rendered in preview mode, to save time, with a firefly still render of the scene included :)

BEAN-PITTERBILL-WALK-beside wall.gif

BEAN-PITTERBILL-WALK-beside wall.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet...now you see what I was trying to puzzle out yesterday...haha...I got mid stream with Conway and realized it was going to be harder than I thought...besides his bald head, the area between his nose and mouth were his most defining, and Hein has limited controls there :)

Here's Pitterbill Bean with a less busy background, rendered in preview with more frames...keeping the colors simple allows for more frames in the .gif.

See what you've started Janet...haha. This is starting to remind me of what I used to do with Elynda with the Hein characters...every week it was like a poker game....I'll see your Neil Diamheind and raise you a Babs Streisheind...haha. Wonder where this is headed. Already I'm thinking about how to get a swagger in the walk...some hip action, and a little bounce. I wanted to render this one out first, in case I screwed it all up trying to get the hip action...haha :)

BEAN-PITTERBILL-WALK-beside wall blank bkgrd.gif

skylab

Esteemed
About the Tim Conway dentist skit...I watched interviews on YouTube yesterday about when the skit was filmed. Turns out all the antics with the needle were totally unrehearsed, and the only person he told that he was going off script was the audio guy who was going to play the insect sound so that he could flop his numb hand on it like a fly swatter. According to the interviews, Harvey Korman, who was supposed to be the patient in the chair, actually wet his pants laughing so hard (while filming live) because he didn't know what was coming next...totally at the mercy of Tim's spontaneous humor. Tim played the skit straight all during rehearsals, and the first live audience presentation...so he waited until the live filming for TV to pull that routine on Harvey.

:bee: