• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Miss B :) I agree, Forester did a great job on converting that 1st Century Boat...it was no easy task. I invited her to join in here at Hivewire forum so if anybody sees her stop by, you'll know who she is. She's very busy with projects, so she may or may not be able to...I just extended an open invitation should she have the time.
Thanks for letting me know about the invitation, though I'm used to seeing her stuff in the Renderosity store, so would probably have known who she is in any case.

skylab

Esteemed
The freebie I mentioned above ended up being a lot more than a desk and chair...it's an entire room setup. The title and promo on the download page threw me off some...it's called Japanese Study Desk, Side Cabinet and Chair. A little tip, move stuff by the base in order for its parented objects to follow. Very nice little set...even has a full length mirror.

The same person has created a Home Treadmill freebie.

desks and bedroom.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
I'm testing animation frame rate with the boat. Since I'm having to compensate for culling frames to keep down file size, I'll have to decrease the amount of wave motion in order to have realistic boat movement. The animation above was 90 frames, but culled way down to about 23 if I remember correctly. I'm satisfied with the boat movement, so now I just have to work with the water speed.

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
I know the above scene needs tweaking, but I'll have to wait until I can see clearly...my eyes are begging for rest.

Have a good evening everyone :sleep:

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
I'm back upright again for awhile. Already I can see some overlap of stuff in the above project I was working on...sure sign I was picking my way along, unable to see with any precision...haha. One thing I've got to do...I wasn't sure about the scaling...that is, where the height of a six foot man should be in relation to the mast size. I just read the article about the excavated boat...it was 27 feet long and 7.5 feet wide....so I'll have to take M4 and test him at the widest point....I started out with the men being smaller, but they seemed too small then. I need to get oriented with what's normal for a 27 foot boot. If it was a car, I'd know what I was doing...but a boat...not a bit of experience :)

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Yep...I had overestimated at 32% scaling for M4...but 20 or 21% would be more accurate for him, or any other character over 6 feet. I don't remember exactly, but I think M4 is supposed to be taller than 6 feet, and the boat width is 7.5 feet, and length is 27 feet.

kinnderet-m4-scale.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Okay, here's a reduction in scaling of M4 to 21%. I remember now why I chose 32%...it was the hand size is relation to the large size of the oar.

KINNERET BOAT with FISHERMEN ver2 OAR view with 21 percent scale.jpg

KINNERET BOAT with FISHERMEN ver2 with 21 percent scale.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
IIRC Sky, both Dawn and Dusk are over 6 feet, though I'm not sure how much, so it may only be an inch or two.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Janet...check your email again...I've contacted Forester for an introduction. She stays quite busy, so sometimes there's a delay in response, about like us :) Contact info is in your email :)

:coding:

skylab

Esteemed
Tim Conway doing a football retirement skit with his son doing the stadium echo part, and his dwarf horse jockey skit :)

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
This first video may have been the first Grumpy Cat video posted back in September of 2012. Tardar Sauce was still young then, less than a year old.