• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Project Evolution sitting pose using free desk and chair, and Bionic Rooster's laptop.

PROJECT EVOLUTION LAPTOP DESK

PE Laptop Desk.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh yes...I had planned to start working on the PE stuff after the holidays, and after time to just collapse for awhile. I'm usually not much good during January, takes most of the month to recover rest and sanity. Cold weather tends to drive me into hibernation too. It's supposed to get down in the teens during the evenings this week...makes me want to crawl in a hole with a box of saltines and a jar of peanut butter, and not come out until spring...haha.

I was sent this by email...and it's so funny, just had to post it...cats are a trip :)

skylab

Esteemed
While surfing YouTube, ran across this old classic, La Entrada de Bilbao, which is Jose Felciano performing a battle song solo. First time I heard it was in the '70's, and it changed how I played the guitar...from then on I was comfortable slapping, knocking, beating, even scratching the strings for effect. As one minister put it, "honey, you didn't learn to play the guitar that way in Sunday School"....haha.

skylab

Esteemed
And the song that ruined Jose' career in this country...none other than the Star Spangled Banner. Looking back, it's a beautiful, original rendition...but folks didn't perceive it that way in those days...so Jose mostly did concert tours overseas for many years after that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OMG Sky, Malageña was my all time favorite classical piece back when I was taking piano lessons in high school. It was the only classical piece I ever learned to play by heart. You just put a huge smile on my face.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for those 2 also Sky. I really liked the second one a lot, though the gal in the first video also played very well.

skylab

Esteemed
The happy ending...Detroit invited Jose back years later to sing the anthem, as well as other invitations, being celebrated as being the first to sing an original version of the anthem, and live to tell it :) Greatness is often measured by one's ability to duck when the stuff hits the fan :)

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, Miss B, the guy in the second video had a lot of strength of expression in his version...which I tend to like...but then sometimes folks prefer it played straight.

:bee:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Exactly. That's the one thing I liked about it. No matter what style you played it in, it worked. It's a very versatile piece of music.

skylab

Esteemed
Here's Jose performing live...good example of his left hand only technique (about halfway through the video), which I used quite a bit over the years.

Time for rest now, so good night all :)