• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This all reminds me back in High School I was in the Mixed Chorus, and for the Christmas show we always sang a couple of songs from Handel's Messiah, including the Hallelujah Chorus.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) Handel's Messiah is on my search list of upcoming selections :) In my younger years I tried to attend live performances of Messiah whenever they were held...always a holiday favorite for me :) And the contemporary selections in post #5557 were always favorites as well. I remember when Mary Did You Know was released...someone brought the tape to rehearsal and the song leader asked if I would chord the song for the team and help teach it to everyone for the following morning's service o_O Together we did it, hot off the press, with no song sheets for the musicians....they just followed me out on a limb and we all made it without having a train wreck...haha.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
I'll go ahead and post this one tonight...it's called Handel's Young Messiah. I saw the live performance back in 1990. At that time this was considered very contemporary...mostly it's just an upbeat version of the songs from the traditional Messiah. I liked the instrumentals a lot, and the performances by Matthew Ward (Comfort Ye), Sheila Walsh, Russ Taff (He Shall Feed His Flock), and Cynthia Clawson (I Know That My Redeemer Liveth), and I love all the choral parts...usually I like any choir singing :) However, some of the songs that were originally intended to be solos or choral renderings that were done instead by groups, or sometimes weak soloists, always left me with a bit of a twitch when I'd hear them...haha. When I saw the live performance Sandi Patty did the high solos, and she had no trouble doing them with energy and strength...it was a wonderful performance. It was interesting to see such a short lady command such strength on stage...when she walked through a crowd, they tended to part like the Red Sea...haha. The ladies in the choir in this video appear to have purplish-pink tops...but it's a trick with the lighting...the blouses are actually colorless, and reflective like aluminum foil would be, and any color they appear to have is entirely from the lighting.

Tomorrow I'll try to find some decent traditional Messiah videos, and post them :) Hope this will do for now...I knew where this was located, so didn't have to do a deep search in order to find it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Miss B :) Handel's Messiah is on my search list of upcoming selections :) In my younger years I tried to attend live performances of Messiah whenever they were held...always a holiday favorite for me :)
We only did one other number from Messiah, but I don't recall off-hand which one it was. I know we also did a couple of other performances during the school year, but Hallelujah Chorus was always the one we did extremely well. I think it's because we all enjoyed singing it. Sheesh, now I'm going to have it running around in my head the rest of the night.

skylab

Esteemed
I found one of Sandi Patty doing the contemporary Hallelujah Chorus...you can hear the training and strength, and at the same time, she's totally relaxed as if it is effortless. And in He Shall Feed His Flock done during the live performance tour, she's really holding back so as not to blow Steven Curtis Chapman right off the stage....haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Here you go...and I can tell this version has gotten off to a good start...that is, every instrument is flawlessly tuned correctly, and though the size of the orchestra and chorus is small by today's standards, it is appropriate for the size choral performance for which Messiah was written. This is a Nederlands Choir (my grandfather would be pleased).

skylab

Esteemed
If you like the big sound of a large choir and orchestra, this version of Handel's Messiah, performed live, is nicely done.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I found one of Sandi Patty doing the contemporary Hallelujah Chorus.
WOW, thank you for that Sky. I've never heard a contemporary version of Hallelujah Chorus before, so it was definitely enlightening, and very enjoyable. :)

Terre

Renowned
The earliest the doctor can see my mother is 6:30 pm tomorrow. She's feeling fine now and hopes that they can figure out what is going on before she has another episode.

Miss B

CV-BEE
It always amazed me that we could do other assemblies fine, but when it came to Christmas, we always seemed to outdo ourselves every year. I'm convinced it's because we all enjoyed it so much.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Tonight on Facebook there was a video of man who made a real life, life sized Snoopy dog house fly. I thought of you Sky.