• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Charles West

Adventurous
good afternoon. waiting on some supplies to be delivered. Watched them dig some more holes in the yard for the fiber optics coming to our neighborhood.
They used a powerwasher to dig the hole... that way they don't cut into a pipe. Will make a store run for 99c beef hot dogs and today's freebie - a power drink. I give them to my daughter.

skylab

Esteemed
The latest Hivewire kitty cat :)

hivewire-lion.jpg

Charles West

Adventurous
Good day for all.,.. Wife may want to stay up for BBAD big bro 20. But we will see. Watching livepd right now... Heard some fireworks, they must be having something down on the river tonight to celebrate the 4th. Personally I think you should celebrate the 4th with a 5th at home. Those days of running up on the hill to watch fireworks on the river are long past.

Terre

Renowned
I've been hearing a few fireworks at night for several days now. This usually continues for a few day to a week or two after the 4th. We'll see how long it lasts this year. LOL

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We haven't had any here in NY, but the holiday's in the middle of the week this year, so it should be interesting to see when it starts.

Terre

Renowned
Does NY City allow civilians to purchase and set off fireworks that are small airburst ones? Those are what I'm talking about.
As dry as things are I suspect the county has a ban on anything like that outside of the city limits.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not sure what our local regulations are. I don't think they can sell fireworks just anywhere, and with the big fireworks display on the night of the 4th in the East River between Manhattan and Queens Counties, I don't think there's much in the way of private citizens doing it as they did when I was growing up.

I do know I sometimes hear fireworks after the planned fireworks display, but they're not that close, or as loud, as the main display, so someone somewhere is either making their own, or buying them illegally.

Terre

Renowned
Something that used to happen in Albuquerque 30+ years ago is city residents heading out into the county to buy fireworks that Bernallio County allowed but the city didn't and then set them off inside the city. Since nearly the whole county is now basically a solid metro area centered on Albq I wouldn't be surprised if both governments have the same regs. I don't know if the same applies here. I've never heard of any difference between county and city regs but there could be. There have been some proposals to flat out ban fireworks sales to private individuals on a state level but I don't think those proposals have ever gotten out of committee.

Miss B

CV-BEE
No the regulations apply to all 5 counties of NY City. I wouldn't be surprised if there are regulations in other counties in NY State, but I don't know for sure, and I don't know what the regulations are in NJ, which is across the Hudson River on the other side of Manhattan. I can't imagine there being looser regs in the big cities, but who knows what the standard is in the suburbs.

Charles West

Adventurous
Good Morning all. Was a good and quiet night. I had a drink in memory of an old friend who recently passed and slept like a baby. Deb had a good night and has been in good feelings today. I hope all are doing well for everyone else!