• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Terre

Renowned
Good morning.
Get to see how close the new freezers are to operational today. Don't know when the reset will be as the warehouse team has other jobs too.

Terre

Renowned
The freezers in the frozen section are ready for the warehouse to come in and do a reset. They have started on the ones for the meat market.
Nothing here that would require a hardhat. :)

Terre

Renowned
Good evening. :)
We had a lot of customers doing last minute shopping when I left work early this afternoon.

Terre

Renowned
Happy Independence Day!
I will be surprised if I get to sleep at my normal time tonight. Bound to be several people in the area setting off fireworks. We're far enough away from the stadium where the city show will be that all we'll hear of that is the booms of the airbursts.

Charles West

Adventurous
The freezers in the frozen section are ready for the warehouse to come in and do a reset. They have started on the ones for the meat market.
Nothing here that would require a hardhat. :)
Not a real hardhat... just a pardon our construction and a thin plastic hard hat the kids can play with.

Charles West

Adventurous
yea it was and of course for some of us older kids ... The employees got a kick when I put one on to walk through the store shopping.

Terre

Renowned
Much better than what kept happening to the back yard of a neighbor of a so-worker last night. He says they were using firecrackers and kept setting their yard alight. Since the FD didn't need to be called they must have had a hose running.

Charles West

Adventurous
Since Deb and I elected to stay in from the heat and the neighborhood kids all wanted to go down to the river, I became the watch for all. About 4 houses down were some adults setting off fireworks for the kids and I could see a few blocks over some roman candles going off... they were the 'safe' kind that blew up while in the air. The only one that scared us was the end of some that had a scattering sound ... My wife kept thinking it was hitting the trees but was the sound the bee effect made was in the air. Still disturbing to hear every 15 minutes.

Charles West

Adventurous
Listening t0 the remnants of fireworks firing from time to time today. Saw an ad that reminded me of a friend who chuckle when I used a sound effect rather than a word. Deb immediately thought the same thing.... and the ad I found on utube and sent the link to an old friend. We connected by email a few exchanges and he reminded me that growing up it was common to find an ice tray full of pickle juice frozen as a treat. Deb, myself and our friend grew up poor by today's standards and our parents saved any way they could, all large families. All in all a nice day and the ad ....
I hope you all enjoy.

skylab

Esteemed
More playing with the Hivewire Lion :)

lion-growling-frame1.jpg

Last edited: