• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for the addition Miss B :) It didn't show up on the particular search I was doing. I usually like SAV's stuff, so thanks.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, it was good to just take it easy and hunt for freebies. I guess by now you can tell I was having problems seeing this morning...haha. Things are clearing up some now, so I might be able to do some work on the next project. Hope things are moving forward for you :)

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) I was beginning to wonder, which was it, but it's probably like people never knew about me until I started sharing it...most never suspected a little old lady so the anonymity was sorta fun for a lot of years :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey Miss B :) I was beginning to wonder, which was it, but it's probably like people never knew about me until I started sharing it...most never suspected a little old lady so the anonymity was sorta fun for a lot of years :)

Most people get the impression that I'm male, also, until I or someone else mentions otherwise. ;)

I'm sure part of it is due to the profile avatars I use... but I've been told repeatedly over the years that I "sound male" in text when I talk, too.

And in offline life, people constantly think I'm butch. Can't win. LOL :D

skylab

Esteemed
Well, there was a time when women who had a confident presentation, or were the "leader" types were considered less than feminine, but things are changing now. When I first started in 3D, very few women expressed an interest in modeling, and that happened to be the way I started, piddling with props in order to help Sarah...and everything thereafter that we tackled just didn't fit the mold of what when did with 3D...like animation. Finally her interest settled more in making clothing textures, the accepted feminine role, and I was still hammering out animations...and I think that carried things along for years. It wasn't until I had to start taking some breaks due to health issues that I finally shared that I was older, and walked with a cane. I had noticed that men tend to "spar" with each other about 3D techniques, so it cut down on guys trying to do that with me, but it also can lead to folks not taking you as seriously if there's not some command in the presentation.

skylab

Esteemed
Finished today's project, a modern day woman at the well scene. Poses uploaded to ShareCG.

ARE YOU THIRSTY PROMO.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Seliah, glad you like it :) Recognize the hair...now you know why I needed a ponytail the other night :) It would be fun to do more like this...I'll see how this one goes over on ShareCG.

I think I've about finished tweaking the larger site where I store my renders that I've kept separate from the toon work...so if anybody is interested in taking a look, it's at the link below. Some of the images are quite large, and I'm keeping it that way for archiving purposes...which doesn't make it ideal web design, but simple to navigate along the top menu. I've even got some of my stuff posted from back when I first started with DAZ Studio 1. Anyway, enjoy :)

GLORYSONG - THE GLOBAL MISSION

GLORYSONG - THE GLOBAL MISSION small.gif