• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

pendas

Inspired
image.jpeg
Ok,
So I finally got blender to work, and I found out about modeling with guide images.

I thought it was a good idea to do, but the thing is...I have no idea where to start. I'm totally clueless.

I have seen some videos of people doing it, and it looks relatively easy.

the models I would like to use don't really exist, so I have decided to *try* and make my own. If anyone would mind telling me how to successfully do this, I would be very grateful!

skylab

Esteemed
Hi Pendas...I was wondering how your modeling was coming along. I'm impressed with how far you've gotten. Miss B is the Blender expert around here, and her Blender section of the forum is at this link. That may well be the place to try to do a lengthy process project since you'd get be able to get input from several experienced users. Go for it! I'm glad you figured out how to get Blender to work. I don't think you'll regret giving it a try :)

skylab

Esteemed
And hey everyone...my meds had me pretty much wiped out today....I rested some, and also worked on my project. It's nearly completed, so I think I'll turn in soon for the night and plan on finishing it tomorrow. Have a good evening everyone, and good luck on your project Pendas :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes Pendas, as Sky mentioned, come start a thread over in the Software Discussions > Blender forum. Just click on the link in Sky's message above.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
And hey everyone...my meds had me pretty much wiped out today....I rested some, and also worked on my project. It's nearly completed, so I think I'll turn in soon for the night and plan on finishing it tomorrow. Have a good evening everyone, and good luck on your project Pendas :)
Rest easy Sky.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You do know that the RenaPD fantasy wrap link is just textures for the Daz V4 Fantasy Wrap, right?

I mostly skip over anything RenaPD does, as I'm just not a fan of her texturing, personally. She does nice work, and some might find use for that resource, it's just that for me, the patterns and such that she likes to use are too busy for my eyes.

skylab

Esteemed
The are quite fancy for reality clothing, and no, I missed that it was just the textures...blew it that time. Hey, I've left you a message needing your reponse, sorry it took so long.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The are quite fancy for reality clothing, and no, I missed that it was just the textures...blew it that time. Hey, I've left you a message needing your reponse, sorry it took so long.

Did you already buy that pack? I believe this is the base item : Fantasy Wrap for V4 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

I think, anyway. Not sure why it isn't a PC item, other than it was made by a different vendor... I don't recall if they ever put out a PC fantasy wrap for V4 or not, but that one looks like the base that she used for her textures.

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks for calling attention to that link...don't want to lead anyone to the wrong thing...the actual DAZ V4 Fantasy Wrap is nearly $20...no way, Jose...haha...wishlisted in hopes for a better price.