• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
I downloaded for over an hour...so I have a whole wardrobe of dynamic stuff now. I'm setting up a special runtime for dynamics...by the way, you have to search for them under props, since they aren't rigged.

skylab

Esteemed
I should fix something to eat...but I don't want a thing...half the time I have no interest in eating, but have to stay on some sort of schedule. I used to eat like a camel drinks....one good meal a day, then snack with sodas and coffee the rest of the day....a great example of how not to do it...haha.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, I know it. Dynamics always go in under props for just that reason. I'm finding the Poser dynamics - many, not all - often work very nicely in DS with the new script, too...

Putting a momentary pause on the 2D project. Got something in my head that needs to get OUT and it's actually interfering with my ability to focus on the anniversary book in the meantime... argh.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hi ladies, if you're still up. I wasn't home most of the day today, so finally getting a chance to catch up here on the forums.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) A lot going on today. We made great progress with GG's robe, and Poser 11 SR3 has been released...so get it through your download manager.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah I just saw Chuck's note about SR3. Going to save that for the morning.

Also saw GG decided to go dynamic. ;)

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I think she decided it would look better, and it was a ton of work to make it conforming with all the necessary morphs, I'm sure. I gave it a few test runs and posted the renders in her thread...so my PP11 is doing dynamics again.

I decided tonight to re-arrange my runtime to reflect the difference in my workflow...so the human models are easy access now, and the toons and vehicles got shuffled to the bottom. I found that I was scrolling and hunting for things, so this will eliminate that.

If you've read the previous pages of the thread, I guess you've seen that Seliah has decided to jump on the Poser 11 half price sale, so she'll be plowing through the program bugs with us now...haha :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh good. That is definitely a bargain, and worth taking advantage of, if you didn't get it when it first came out.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh good. That is definitely a bargain, and worth taking advantage of, if you didn't get it when it first came out.

Well, since I do have P10, I had the option to just do an upgrade price path instead of a new license path... so it only ran $50 instead of the $100 for me. $50 is about average for most utility softwares, and since that's basically what Poser is for me... and about what Blacksmith costs, IIRC, and Blacksmith3D turned out to be utterly useless, at least on my system. So I don't mind a $50 utility risk... but full price I would never have paid for it.

Maybe it will work better for me than P10 does. We'll see.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh right. I forgot you had Poser 10, so yeah that upgrade price is a real steal.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ahhh right. I forgot you had Poser 10, so yeah that upgrade price is a real steal.

Yep. I'll say. Not going to lose out on that one.... will be simple enough to sidegrade to PP11 later on, if this one works out well enough. Will just wait for Pro11 to drop on a sale, too.

skylab

Esteemed
Now I'm installing all that dynamic clothing I downloaded...whew...there was one long dynamic hair, so I downloaded it in hopes of learning what to do with it in the cloth room.

It's here, and has detailed settings in the readme :)

skylab

Esteemed
Well, got that done...ended up being a gig worth of dynamic stuff...so there will be lots to play with.

I guess I'm about done, and my legs are screaming for time in the bed...so I guess I'll see you tomorrow Seliah. Good luck with the rest of your project! Have a good rest of the evening/morning.
Good night :sleep:

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Now I'm installing all that dynamic clothing I downloaded...whew...there was one long dynamic hair, so I downloaded it in hopes of learning what to do with it in the cloth room.

It's here, and has detailed settings in the readme :)

Man; I just looked at that item. I understand what it is and why it was made but it's just entirely too much for a hair. You can use the Hair Room in Poser a lot easier for a simple long dynamic hair or ponytail. While the item may help with learning dynamic cloth; it will really not be as nice as real dynamic hair and will cause some confusion if you move on to using the Hair Room at some future time.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Considering I have P10, and the upgrade cost from 10 to 11 is only $50, I might actually do it. P11 (not Pro), is 64-bit now, right?

And can you have both P10 and P11 installed on the pc at the same time?

I'm pretty sure P11 is 64 bit now. And you can have them both installed on the same machine. It doesn't override your other install, so you just have two versions. Which is good for testing so you can test in an older and newer version.