• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
:rofl: Only sweats sky??? I used to have a sweater on over the sweatshirt, and there was a couple of days during that time when I wore my knit gloves. Have you ever tried typing when wearing gloves???? Not a pretty sight.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I remember some of the images from last year...I hope it doesn't get that extreme this year. Stay warm...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Oh to have your weather now, Pen....haha.
It's actually quite cool this morning it's in the 20's somewhere and it's been raining. Been like this for the last two days. It's saving up the hot weather for the first two weeks back at school like it normally does. It's actually quite pleasant...cold enough for a dressing gown as I just got up but my feet are bare.

skylab

Esteemed
Sounds like my favorite weather....sorta like fall here....the air is crisp, the coastal humidity lifts, the days are 60-70 and the nights are something like 35-50. I'd better stop talking about it, I'm making myself drool....:rolleyes: Oh well, this too will pass.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I just went downstairs to see it from ground level, and in some spots it's not as bad as I thought it would be. However, the snow is falling horizontally because of the high wind velocity, so the snow is piling up somewhere, but
not right in front of my building. Even the tops of cars aren't covered as deeply as I thought they would be, again because of the high winds.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, I just went outside to try to take a video, and was surprised that a lot had piled up on my door, never had that happen before....from snowing sideways for so long. Some things the snow kept blowing off of it, on other things it was heaped up, like on my car o_O Oh well, some day I'll get to drive it again...haha.

BLIZZARD-CAR-JAN23,20016.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
WOW, I didn't see any cars that were covered with that much snow. Then again, with tall buildings in this neighborhood, the only snow coming through horizontally would be blowing down the street.

I suspect the high winds are going to continue the rest of the day.

skylab

Esteemed
Yeah, my car got covered like that within a few hours of when the storm started, that's why my first post indicated I was snowed in, meaning my car was down for the count until the sun would melt it off when the storm was over.

skylab

Esteemed
Our area pharmacist likes to clear driveways with a small tractor for those he knows have physical challenges...so he usually comes and helps us "dig" out....and I let the sunshine do the rest. When I was younger I shoveled it, or in a case like this, would sweep it off the car first with a broom. But now...too much of a challenge on the heart, and almost impossible balancing on a cane. So the next best thing for me now is hoard as many groceries as I can before the holidays, and just venture out when I can during the winter months.

skylab

Esteemed
It's funny on the weather channel, remember the "Rocky steps"....the scene in the Rocky movie where Sylvester Stallone finally makes it running up the steps? Well, kids are taking anything that will endure the trip down and using those steps for sledding....anything from sheets of cardboard, to food trays, aluminum pans, and some even have plastic snow boards....boy, if they turned over or crashed, that would hurt on that concrete...haha.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
LOL. I'm not much of a sledder, even in Central Park, so couldn't imagine doing it on concrete steps.