• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Lisa's Botanicals Renders!

Szark

Awesome
and this shows what the translucency is like. Remember this is a High Contrast HDRI

Attachments

• hdri 5.jpg
    hdri 5.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 269

Szark

Awesome
Lisa note the edges of the petal transmap in the above image, real petals don't do that generally so I also fixed those mpas to make the edges white and not grey.

these next to were rendered with a more medium contrast (average) HDRI

Attachments

• hdri 6.jpg
    hdri 6.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 266
  • hdri 7.jpg
    hdri 7.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 239

Szark

Awesome
Salvias next. Made Translucency Weight maps from the diffuse so the leaf veins weren't so bright, using the Photoshop > Adjustments > Black and White filter with manually brushing out the leftovers and then Invert and Level adjustments

Attachments

• salvias.jpg
    salvias.jpg
    822.8 KB · Views: 260
  • salvias 2.jpg
    salvias 2.jpg
    831.6 KB · Views: 261

Szark

Awesome
yep been converting all my plant collection for a couple of weeks now to Iray and updating my Iray ones to be more inline with PBR when they fall short.

Szark

Awesome
Thank you Miss B, much appreciated. When I am finished I can do some renders without the hassle of adjusting materials.

Szark

Awesome
Papyrus:
The Salvias and these all use Lisa's Maps so if Lisa wants them just shout. Yes even the Normal maps and Translucency Weight maps :)

Attachments

• papyrus.jpg
    papyrus.jpg
    810.5 KB · Views: 247

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I will leave you with this. I have done more but I think I am boring folks LOL
Oh you're not boring me at all! I just recently used the Potted Palm in an Artistic Render I did while testing Satira's latest, Beatrice Larkspur. Of course, I used it in Poser, but still, your efforts for DS are quite good. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Nice kitbashing there
Thank you! Credit goes to Ken's Habitat Extender, though. I am spoiled by it as I use it in almost any exterior render. It "pulls together" an outdoor scene by preventing abnormal blank spots and adds that background that Mother Nature provides, giving us a more natural outdoor environment.

It's that part of outdoors that we don't "see," but know when it's missing.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Great renders guys! Glitterati really beautiful effects on the water, and Szark those textures are looking awesome!! =)

Stegosaurus - A little something I am working on ...... Possibly for the new render challenge. Marsh Land Backgrounds
Stegosaurus.jpg

Products Used:
StegosaurusDR (first time working with dinosaurs..........may need a little more work), Lisa's Botanicals Tropicals II, Lisa's Botanicals Asian Lily, Jungle Heat for Lisa's Botanicals Asian Lily, Natures Wonders Moths, Natures Wonders Moths of the World Vol 2, Lisa's Botanicals daylily, Curious Grasses and Vines, BG generated in Flowscape

Szark

Awesome
thanks Napalm. Thinking about getting Lisa's Asiatic Lilies with some of your maps from the store. As soon as I get some disposal income I will.