Show Us Your Lisa's Botanicals Renders!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Chris, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Szark

Szark Energetic

and this shows what the translucency is like. Remember this is a High Contrast HDRI

Attached Files:

Rae134 and LisaB like this.
  2. Szark

Szark Energetic

Lisa note the edges of the petal transmap in the above image, real petals don't do that generally so I also fixed those mpas to make the edges white and not grey.

these next to were rendered with a more medium contrast (average) HDRI

Attached Files:

Rae134 and LisaB like this.
  3. Szark

Szark Energetic

NapalmArsenal thx again this is changed how I set up materials from now one. HDRI all the way.

Attached Files:

• day.jpg
      day.jpg
      File size:
      758.8 KB
      Views:
  4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

That last one is especially stunning. :)

Szark likes this.
  5. Szark

Szark Energetic

Salvias next. Made Translucency Weight maps from the diffuse so the leaf veins weren't so bright, using the Photoshop > Adjustments > Black and White filter with manually brushing out the leftovers and then Invert and Level adjustments

Attached Files:

Rae134 likes this.
  6. Miss B

Boy, you're on a roll Szark! :)

Szark likes this.
  7. Szark

Szark Energetic

yep been converting all my plant collection for a couple of weeks now to Iray and updating my Iray ones to be more inline with PBR when they fall short.

8. Miss B

Oh, and you're doing quite a good job of it too. ;)

Szark likes this.
  9. Szark

Szark Energetic

Thank you Miss B, much appreciated. When I am finished I can do some renders without the hassle of adjusting materials.

10. Szark

Szark Energetic

Papyrus:
    The Salvias and these all use Lisa's Maps so if Lisa wants them just shout. Yes even the Normal maps and Translucency Weight maps :)

Attached Files:

Rae134 likes this.
  11. Szark

Szark Energetic

I will leave you with this. I have done more but I think I am boring folks LOL

Attached Files:

Rae134, Miss B and NapalmArsenal like this.
  12. Glitterati3D

Glitterati3D Dances with Bees

Title: Did that "rock" just move?

Flink's Instant Lake with Lisa's The Forest Whispers and Ken's Habitat Extender in the background.
    DidThatRockMove.jpg

Me195, Rae134, Szark and 2 others like this.
  13. Miss B

Oh you're not boring me at all! I just recently used the Potted Palm in an Artistic Render I did while testing Satira's latest, Beatrice Larkspur. Of course, I used it in Poser, but still, your efforts for DS are quite good. ;)

Szark likes this.
  14. Miss B

Nice composition, as it's hard tell there's 3 separate scene products in that render.

15. Glitterati3D

Thanks

16. Szark

Szark Energetic

Nice kitbashing there

17. Glitterati3D

Thank you! Credit goes to Ken's Habitat Extender, though. I am spoiled by it as I use it in almost any exterior render. It "pulls together" an outdoor scene by preventing abnormal blank spots and adds that background that Mother Nature provides, giving us a more natural outdoor environment.

It's that part of outdoors that we don't "see," but know when it's missing.

Rae134 likes this.
  18. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Great renders guys! Glitterati really beautiful effects on the water, and Szark those textures are looking awesome!! =)

Stegosaurus - A little something I am working on ...... Possibly for the new render challenge. Marsh Land Backgrounds
    Stegosaurus.jpg
    Products Used:
    StegosaurusDR (first time working with dinosaurs..........may need a little more work), Lisa's Botanicals Tropicals II, Lisa's Botanicals Asian Lily, Jungle Heat for Lisa's Botanicals Asian Lily, Natures Wonders Moths, Natures Wonders Moths of the World Vol 2, Lisa's Botanicals daylily, Curious Grasses and Vines, BG generated in Flowscape

Me195, Szark, Rae134 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Szark

Szark Energetic

thanks Napalm. Thinking about getting Lisa's Asiatic Lilies with some of your maps from the store. As soon as I get some disposal income I will.

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  20. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

One of my favorite sets that I have done!

Szark likes this.