• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Lisa's Botanicals Renders!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL I messed it up- on Rumpole it was 'She who must be obeyed". :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Doesn't mean you HAVE to mind! =)

Szark

Awesome
been having fun today doing some Iray conversions on my Plant collection and finally got around to doing Lisa's products I own. Had to make some saturation adjustments and made some normal maps. I do own some LS tex sets which helped with some parts.

Attachments

• LB_Daylillies 2.jpg
    LB_Daylillies 2.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 256
  • LB_Daylillies.jpg
    LB_Daylillies.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 258
  • LB_Hibiscus 2.jpg
    LB_Hibiscus 2.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 274
  • LB_Hibiscus 3.jpg
    LB_Hibiscus 3.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 232
  • LB_Hibiscus.jpg
    LB_Hibiscus.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 237

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
been having fun today doing some Iray conversions on my Plant collection and finally got around to doing Lisa's products I own. Had to make some saturation adjustments and made some normal maps. I do own some LS tex sets which helped with some parts.
As a rule of thumb you will have to tone them down for Iray. I really need to update a few of my older texture sets for Iray and Superfly, but need to check with Lisa about it first. Nice work I must say. A little trick you can turn down the diffuse setting to some degree and it helps, or place a very light grey in the diffuse slot, but it won't work with everything.

Szark

Awesome
Yep already did that, mild grey for some and some with a little colour to help get more colour saturation so it would cope with full glossy weight etc. If I hadn't the the colours would be washed out. Even the leaves have had to be saturated more. I referenced a lot of photos to get a close look. But please point out specifics what you think looks off, really good to have a second pair of eyes. lol

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yep already did that, mild grey for some and some with a little colour to help get more colour saturation so it would cope with full glossy weight etc. If I hadn't the the colours would be washed out. Even the leaves have had to be saturated more. I referenced a lot of photos to get a close look. But please point out specifics what you think looks off, really good to have a second pair of eyes. lol
They are looking really good the only ones I might tweak just a little are the color saturation on the red and orange flowers, but this my also be the kinds of lights you are using. I tend to favor Fabiana's Light Moods Theory of Zen HDRI or Sveva's Color splash she has a very nice neutral setting. Looking really good though!

Szark

Awesome
Thx I always use the more neutral Iray Sun Sky as a base. That way it should look good in all types of light.

The red and orange are pretty close to some photos I looked at. Yes some photos had them more vivid but we can't tell where they were taken and what time of day. I think it is about compromise. But that is a good idea trying them out with some HDRIs. I only use HDRI Haven hdris.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sweet! I am just now venturing into the world of making Iray and Superfly mats. Good to see some nice examples.

Szark

Awesome
I can send you some mat presets if you like Lisa, to give you an idea on what I do. I don't think I will be allowed to send you the normal maps, well any maps from Laurie tex sets.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I can send you some mat presets if you like Lisa, to give you an idea on what I do. I don't think I will be allowed to send you the normal maps, well any maps from Laurie tex sets.

That's very kind of you. Thank you.

No, I would not want you to send me anything from LaurieS, although I have them. What part of her maps did you use for a normal map?

Szark

Awesome
My pleasure. I have made a preset that uses just your maps without normal maps.

First Off I used Gimp 2.8.20 and the Normal Map conversion script. Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. It seems to work ok in GIMP 2.10 according to the interweb. :)

This is a bit convoluted as I first converted the Hibiscus Displacement maps using Prewitt 5x5 preset (Gimp Normal map script). Then I converted the Diffuse map (a plain coloured one) I think I used LS_H1a.jpg using the Prewitt 3x5. The reason for this is that the Displacement maps had a better look to the leaves and petals to make a good normal map but the 5x5 preset would have been too much for the other parts.

I then took both normal maps in Photoshop (I prefer PS to do bulk of my work in) and merged the two by cutting away parts on one map overlayed on the other. Then just saved them out as jpgs.

Here is a render of your maps only with my settings without normal maps.

Then with the normal maps I made as I described above and Laurie's transmaps so they matched the normal maps . Big difference ;)

I will send you the mat preset via PM

Attachments

• hdri 4.jpg
    hdri 4.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 232
  • hdri 4a.jpg
    hdri 4a.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 246

Szark

Awesome
NapalmArsenal you beauty using a HDRI is just what I needed to hone the surfaces and yes they needed some adjustments. I think in future I will include the HDRI in my default scene when DS starts up. Thx for that tip, awesome

Attachments

• hdri 2.jpg
    hdri 2.jpg
    549.6 KB · Views: 271
  • hdri 3.jpg
    hdri 3.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 236
  • hdri.jpg
    hdri.jpg
    512.1 KB · Views: 249