• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Lisa's Botanicals Renders!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
At least the Lisa's Botanicals part looks good.

Actually I think this is really good. There's so much fun detail in it. Like I love the bullet guy (forgotten what he's called) about to hit Luigi, and the vine growing from the box. My only recommendation would be to make it brighter. Mario was always so bright and this render looks like it's an overcast day. It's always sunny in the mushroom kingdom :)

Szark

Awesome
I love the surreal look and soft feel to the image. Yes a sense of fun...so if that was your intent I would say you nailed it.

Me195

Extraordinary
Actually I think this is really good. There's so much fun detail in it. Like I love the bullet guy (forgotten what he's called) about to hit Luigi, and the vine growing from the box. My only recommendation would be to make it brighter. Mario was always so bright and this render looks like it's an overcast day. It's always sunny in the mushroom kingdom :)

Thank you for saying so. Fun was definitely the theme. The bullet guys are called Bullet Bill. That one was the first thing I ever modeled back in 2001 for unreal 1. I made it higher resolution for this render and plan to upload it as a freebie as soon as I get the arms modeled and rigged. Thank you very much for the recommendation. I always appreciate any and all feedback I can get for my renders. I am still trying to get the hang of lighting with superfly. The only light in that scene is the skydome and it's based on the overcast sky texture. I think it would have looked better if I added a really big point or area light as a sun. That's what I'm going to try in my next render.

It's definitely fun!!

Thank you, I love doing fun themed renders kind of like my Dusky Kong render.

I love the surreal look and soft feel to the image. Yes a sense of fun...so if that was your intent I would say you nailed it.

Thank you so much that's exactly what I was going for.

Definitely fun Me195. I think you put the scene together perfectly. ;)

Thank you very much. I'm really glad you like it.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Lisa's Cottage Plants presets for Raven Court came in handy here. Had Raven Court and the plants for years and never used Raven Court or the plants presets for it. I have used the plants many times though. :)

Titled "I can smell cake"

View attachment 19516

Love that, Szark! Very well done!

Wow pretty amazing artwork on this thread. Szark's render makes me want to buy 3 Raven Court and Raven's Rest.
View media item 2497At least the Lisa's Botanicals part looks good.

This is so much fun and so creative!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Here's my first render of Molar Island...I couldn't find any Iray shaders so I used the Uber Shader and also Terradome 3 to create the background for it. I also applied one of the reflective water shaders from Terradome 3 to the water so I could get the reflections I wanted with it. I can see this being a great base for renders. Now I just need to populate it with people and animals.
Molar Island Iraysml.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...I want to fiddle with the shaders on the lights and the metal bits some more before adding animals though.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Another one...still not totally happy with the shaders on this. I call it Stopping by for a chat I only have the base texture for the dragon at the moment...

So because you only have the base textures for the Dragon, which are not as realistic as the rest of the ones in the scene, I think you actually have something cool going on. The Dragon looks a bit like a kids toy, (how it's hanging there in the air, I don't know). Anyway, I think it's kind of neat.