• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire House Cat Renders Here!

@NapalmArsenal Thanks. The avatar is the original Melody for Aiko 3. I love her, she sort of became my "digital me."

I was actually thinking last night it would be cool to see some toony options for the Hivewire kitty. I'm not that great at figure texturing, so it won't be me doing so. Some morphs to make toony critters out of the cat would be awesome, kind of like Gareee's old sets for the Heavies figures! I'm probably dreaming, but... LOL

@Pendraia Thank you!

@Alisa I know... Kind of reminds one of being a kid and being able to make an adventure out of sleeping in the dining room with the table draped with blankets... LOL

@Satira Capriccio It's an idea, along with earplugs (neighbors). LOL Your Suki sounds like a doll.

This is the only cat render I have left. It's from October 10th and is the first one I did with the cat. It's not really that good, so I wasn't going to post it. The "blanket" here is just a Poser high-res primitive draped... LOL

I'm hoping to have some "me" time with Poser and the cat. I think the idea with kitty and the steampunk minions can go places. If I can figure out strategic ways to hide the flaws in the goggle fit for kitty. LOL

Housecat-Alpha--TS.jpg

Beautiful render! I know how you feel. Rendering doesn't feel as rewarding as it used to. I'm not planning to leave just yet, but I'm definitely cutting back on purchases--and except when I do promos it seems like I'm lucky to finish a render every other month. I have one render that I'm working on as a gift for my mom that I've been slowly chugging away on for over a year; it's still unclear if I'll finish it in time for Christmas...

Ah, thanks. I'm sorry you're having burn-out, too. Mine has gone a little past actual "burn-out" as I've been thinking about leaving Poserverse for well more than a year (on-and-off), even before the computer decided to act up in January. It's hard to find ways to continue to expand my Poser knowledge these days, because after a few incidences over the years, I just don't feel comfortable socializing in Poserverse outside KCTC. I lurk, some times, at other places, but I've found I've sort of plateaued a bit, especially because I've gotten "behind" in Poser versions a few times (currently using Poser Pro 2014 and probably won't be able to upgrade).

I was going to render a few holiday cards for friends and family this year... Not going to happen, just don't have the inclination. LOL

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've not had a project which called for images for months. Which is disappointing. I've picked up a lot of cool stuff at all three of my primary markets, but haven't had anything to use it for.

On the other hand, we're deep into our final project for class, so I'm up to my ears in Maya.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Ah, thanks. I'm sorry you're having burn-out, too. Mine has gone a little past actual "burn-out" as I've been thinking about leaving Poserverse for well more than a year (on-and-off), even before the computer decided to act up in January. It's hard to find ways to continue to expand my Poser knowledge these days, because after a few incidences over the years, I just don't feel comfortable socializing in Poserverse outside KCTC. I lurk, some times, at other places, but I've found I've sort of plateaued a bit, especially because I've gotten "behind" in Poser versions a few times (currently using Poser Pro 2014 and probably won't be able to upgrade).

I was going to render a few holiday cards for friends and family this year... Not going to happen, just don't have the inclination. LOL
I admit, socializing in the Poserverse hasn't been as fun since Genesis polarized the market. Hivewire3D seems to be the only place you can discuss both programs without starting a riot since RDNA got bought out. :( A few years ago before I stopped visiting the DAZ forums I actually got a mod warning at DAZ for (politely) asking a vendor if they'd considered Poser support for their product (I don't remember what the product was, but it wasn't anything Genesis-related that had an innate reason to be Studio-specific). :confused: The mod said that the question was "off-topic." Apparently I was under the mistaken assumption that a product release thread was for discussing the product. :rolleyes: That was about the time I migrated over to RDNA, may it rest in peace... :(

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I'm hoping to have some "me" time with Poser and the cat. I think the idea with kitty and the steampunk minions can go places. If I can figure out strategic ways to hide the flaws in the goggle fit for kitty. LOL

Well, I love your render of the kitty and the minions, so I'd love to see more. What goggles are you using? And what sort of issues are you having with the fit? I don't know how familiar you are with the morph brushes, but they can be awesome for adjusting things like that.

I've found I've sort of plateaued a bit, especially because I've gotten "behind" in Poser versions a few times (currently using Poser Pro 2014 and probably won't be able to upgrade).

I wouldn't call that behind. A lot of people still use 2014, it's only one version behind. People do talk about Superfly a lot, because its new and so those of us who have Poser11 are still figuring out a lot of how to use it. But most other Poser stuff works the same. So if you don't want/can't upgrade, I wouldn't worry about that.

@JOdel Hello, there! I hope your classes are going well. I hope you find some rendering time, though.

@Zaarin You're not the only person I've heard say they were warned about asking for Poser versions. I can't recall whom the other person was, though.

@Gadget Girl I was using the SteamCupid goggles for Gosha (by smay). Actually, yes, thanks to Sixus1, I'm well on the way of becoming a morphing tool junkie. I still can't morph figures (all attempts look like Klingons with birth defects). But, I fix clothing poke-through and stuff now. Love the morph tool. LOL I did work on the googles with the brush, but it looks hideous from a couple of angles (ssssh, don't tell). There's only so much that can be done with fitting things via scaling... LOL

Well, this isn't the first time I've been behind on Poser versions. I started out with version 6. I used that for a while, upgraded to 7 shortly after it was announced. I used 7 for a long time. I didn't upgrade again until Poser Pro 2012, which I didn't use for very long and never "mastered" before 2014 entered my life. 2014 and I have never have had the easiest relationship, but it's really been bumpy on this Windows 10 Home machine (I never thought I'd miss Windows 7). I don't feel like I've mastered Poser Pro 2014, even after all this time.

Any how... Here's the newest render. The minion convinced kitty that a disguise is needed (for whatever they have in store)... And, well, kitty isn't all together pleased... And may be thinking, "Minions, can't live with them--can't fry them up in catnip-infused oil and eat 'em--" Rendered in Poser Pro 2014 with DOF, slight postwork in Paint Shop Pro 9 (also cropped just a tad). This took a really long time to render, as simple as it is...

Good night!

HW-Cat-SP-Tophat--TS.jpg

Tiggersprings -- I have to say that I like your renders of the steampunk cat + minions. The awkwardly fitting glasses add an air of absentminded genius, as if the cat is smart enough to invent clockwork, but hasn't quite taken the time to adjust the human goggles...

Just dropping by before bed to insert an excerpt from my latest story with Caddie the reanimated dissection cat. There's a whole bunch of story before these two panels, but all you need to know is that her owner slipped on a puddle in the foyer and fell flat on his back. The cat had an "If it fits, I sits!" moment, and this is what happened...

I just love that curled paw! So comfy! And I love the way that the HW Cat can look smug, adorable, and happy simultaneously. I wish I had a real cat...

--MW

@modernwizard - Thank you, very much!

LOL I love the expression on your panel. Kitty does look smug. LOL

Alrighty... Here's my latest. It's not the best, especially the lighting. I think it's as good as it's going to get with me in control of the lighting (from scratch). I really need to stop buying sets that don't include Poser lights...

Anyway, I guess the story goes something like this:

Hojo enters on staircase, LeeLee from close behind. Argument continuing from wherever there newest hideaway home is in residence.

Hojo: No bloody cat is going to control where I can or can't go!

LeeLee: Hojo, no! Hojo, come back. We'll wait until the cat has...

Hojo: I mean, a guy should be able to go where ever he wants at home (even if one does love in hidden places of humans' abodes).

Cat: :waiting to pounce: *Look busy, steady, steady...*

HW-Housecat-Library-Gobbles--TS.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Loving all these, and really had a great smile with the back stories, modernwizard and Tigger!! All I can tell you is it's a good thing I wasn't trying to drink anything while reading "Minions, can't live with them--can't fry them up in catnip-infused oil and eat 'em--" or it would be all over my keyboard and monitor !!

@Pendraia: Thank you.

@Alisa: Thanks. LOL I've nearly killed more than one keyboard that way (laughing at peoples' rendered funnies).

I've spent most of the last few days away from PC. I burned off a bunch of backup discs the other day, and then didn't want much do with it for a while. LOL

Here's my latest. Not really happy with it. Kitty wants to know: what's this many-legged, red bug on my nose? And why is it on my nose, anyhow...?

Hivwire-Cat-Picnic-FF--TS.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Cute, Tiggersprings! Poor kitty, Jeanne!

Really? Wow. Poor thing.

We had a young cat that was dive-bombed by birds once. He'd probably deserved it, but... It was like something out of a cartoon.
Yep, ladybug climbed up and down her whiskers (over the eyes), into the face, back to the whiskers and Teddy my cat had a bit trouble of catching it (she's easily distracted and outdoors are so many distracting things). After she finally gotten rid off it, ladybug made the big mistake of crawling in front of her and therefore sealed its fate.......though from the look, Teddy didn't think it was a tasty treat. She just ate it because it annoyed her....