1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Dog And Puppy Renders.

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Chris, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Love this. This is awesome!!!

2. FreyrStrongart

FreyrStrongart Adventurous Contributing Artist

rofl... thats one gigantic Dachshound! And not overly friendly either. Lovely texture on it.

3. HaiGan

HaiGan Engaged Contributing Artist

Oh, good idea, maybe the best way to get the right amount of crush/sag (how many morphs would you need to replicate that?)

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  4. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Yeah.. that's the camera angle and zoom lens... he's not only a hot sausage but also fights crime as Super Sausage! lol

Carrara render standard lens.

Super Sausage.png

5. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

well done, love the expression

6. FreyrStrongart

FreyrStrongart Adventurous Contributing Artist

hm... anyone ever tried to make the dog's ears d-force?

Dakorillon (IMArts) and Pendraia like this.
  7. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

A combination of the HiveWire Big Dog (Labrador) and the Daz Dog 8 (had to get it to try it, like the HW one for posing and shaping better), the Doberman is the Base model the rest are bought shapes or custom (for example the Rotti looking one is one I did from the DD8 base)

8. xmasrose

xmasrose Eager

9. Satira Capriccio

Satira Capriccio Distinguished CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Definitely the one on the right!

xmasrose and Chris like this.
  10. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

the bottom one :)

xmasrose and Chris like this.
  11. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Yep, Hivewire has fallen behind in the dog releases... but I have refrained from the daz dog as I will need to do conversions to get it to work in Carrara seeing as Daz won't update their software because of lack of resources.

I did get some props though with my winnings ... that's a plus :blossom:

Pendraia, Rae134 and Carey like this.
  12. Carey

Carey Extraordinary

xmasrose likes this.
  13. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Yeah, I really only got the DD8 dog as I had a coupon (I almost didn't have to pay anything for it) so really couldn't pass it up (and I really wanted the Frenchie LOL) But our HW doggy is way nicer to use. I've also got all the Mill Dog textures and was wondering how close it was to maybe use them but after looking at it, it might take a bit of work to convert them over (but not as much as it would to the HWDog).

Chris and Stezza like this.
  14. xmasrose

xmasrose Eager

Thank you for your comments.
    I do prefer the right/bottom one as well but I like them both ;).

15. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

Hivewire Dog playing in Carrara...

Greyhound.png

16. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

17. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

I think all four legged animals must like having their tums rubbed!

18. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Angela3D likes this.
  19. ninaandmollie.jpg

Just starting again this year after a two year dry spell...love all the new animals. I do want to ask though...will Poser users ever get an option for pretty, furry animals? Dani

Pendraia, xmasrose, Me195 and 6 others like this.
  20. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

What a great render! Welcome to the HiveWire forums Dani. Please do keep posting your renders, and join in on the fun. ;)

As far as a Poser version of real hair for the HW animals, I'm not sure if that will come into being, but I know for sure, most of the Poser users here will grab it if it ever does.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.